|By Marketwired .||
|December 6, 2012 10:17 PM EST||
TOKYO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/12 -- e2v, a leading global provider of high performance imaging solutions, is launching the ELiiXA+ 8k/4k at ITE 2012, in Yokohama, Japan. Based on e2v multi-line CMOS technology, this new camera is the second addition to e2v's successful ELiiXA+ industrial line scan camera family and is aimed at a broad range of applications, providing high performance, ease of use and robustness at a competitive price.
e2v's ELiiXA+ camera family is designed specifically to provide advanced speed, supreme sensitivity and high resolution by incorporating an innovative CMOS pixel architecture, combining the most advanced signal to noise ratio per individual pixel, and multi-line architecture to boost sensitivity further by sequentially integrating the same object line with full exposure control. The family was launched last year with a 16k pixel camera aimed at advanced machine vision applications.
The new ELiiXA+ 8k/4k brings high performance sensor technology to a broader range of applications, such as the inspection of raw material surfaces and general web material, the sorting of parcel and postal documents, the scanning of print and high resolution documents as well as the advanced inspection of flat panel displays, printed circuit boards and solar cells. The new camera provides the following features:
- The two most desired resolutions available in the same camera for versatile integration and evolution: 8,192 pixels, 5µm x 5µm pixel pitch, 4 active CMOS lines and 4,096 pixels, 10µm x 10 µm pixel pitch, 2 active CMOS lines
- Compatible with standard F-mount lenses
- e2v multi-line CMOS technology offers a one order of magnitude increase in sensitivity versus a standard Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- e2v multi-line CMOS technology is compatible with full exposure control
- Ultra-fast line rate up to 100,000 lines/s
- Camera Link interface
- Up to 12-bit depth
- Power consumption below 7W
- Vertical and horizontal binning
- Fast and easy configuration
e2v's ELiiXA+ 8k/4k camera also benefits from a compact design with a 41mm active sensor that can be operated in an 8k or 4k pixel mode depending on the user settings. The camera is cost effective to implement as the sensor length is compatible with the readily available and affordable F-mount lenses which perfectly matches the 5µm pixel size. Two models of the new camera are available with either Medium Camera Link interface or Full/Deca Camera Link interface.
Sébastien Teysseyre, e2v's marketing manager for industrial cameras said "With the new ELiiXA+ 8k/4k, e2v is setting new standards for machine vision line scan cameras. This new camera family competes directly with single/dual line scan camera technology and CCD TDI solutions, but the ELiiXA+ cameras have the advantage of delivering higher product performance with fewer integration constraints. Our R&D team have worked hard to develop e2v's new multi-line CMOS technology so that it achieves 100,000 lines/sec but still delivers high sensitivity. This is done by using the sensors 4 active lines whilst at the same time keeping the power consumption below 7W and giving the user full control over the exposure time."
e2v's ELiiXA+ 8k/4k
e2v is a leading global provider of specialist technology for high performance systems and equipment; delivering solutions, sub-systems and components for applications within medical & science, aerospace & defence, and commercial & industrial markets.
e2v employs approximately 1650 people, has design and operational facilities across Europe, North America and Asia, and has a global network of sales and technical support offices. For the year ended 31 March 2012, e2v reported sales of GBP235m and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
For more information visit e2v.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2175392
PRESS OFFICE CONTACT:
Email: Email Contact
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher