|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 08:04 PM EST||
COSTA MESA, Calif., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Three Hyundai models – Elantra Sedan, Sonata and Equus – each took first place in their respective categories in the 16th annual Strategic Vision Total Value Awards. Elantra Sedan won in the small car category, Sonata scored top marks for medium cars, and the Equus beat out competitors like BMW and Mercedes to take first place in the luxury car segment. Additionally, Equus received the award for Best Model, and Hyundai ranked second overall in Total Value. Strategic Vision's Total Value Index (TVI) reflects all aspects of perceived value; from quality, to economics to customer appeal.
Of the more than 350 new cars to compete for honors in their respective categories, Hyundai was recognized for its innovation in design and technology, value for money, and increase in overall quality. Strategic Vision is a research-based consultancy with more than 35 years of experience in understanding consumer decision-making processes for a variety of Fortune 100 clients, including most automotive manufacturers.
"Hyundai has increased its Innovation Factor Score (IFS) by 20 points since 2008," said Alexander Edwards, president, Strategic Vision. "Today, Hyundai's like Elantra, Sonata, and Equus have some of the highest Total Value scores in the entire automotive industry."
Total Value Scores are calculated by assessing two factors: Customer assessment of initial value, and customer evaluation of the complete ownership experience. Initial value was judged on total price paid by the consumer, manufacturer warranty coverage, expected trade-in value, expected affordability, expected durability, and expected operating costs. Innovation Factor Scores were also calculated for final judging, and reflect each car's use of engaging, impactful, and innovative technologies.
"Our 2013 lineup showcases Hyundai's philosophy behind building cars," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. "We provide our customers with engaging, efficient vehicles packed with fun and functional technologies. We've bred this philosophy into our entire range of cars, and receiving awards in three different categories reflects our hard work and commitment to customer satisfaction and value."
For a complete list of 2012 Total Value Award winners, please visit http://www.strategicvision.com.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London