|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 05:55 PM EST||
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Florida East Coast Railway ("FECR") recently acquired 200 new 53ft containers to expand its domestic customer business. The new containers replaced older trailers in the FEC fleet providing customers with clean and efficient equipment to move goods. "This acquisition will help accelerate the conversion of FECR trailers to containers in order to provide double stack transportation service between Jacksonville and Miami," said FECR CEO Jim Hertwig. By utilizing double stacked efficiencies, FEC will be able to save on train length and transport more densely built trains.
The FECR will feature one of its brand new 53ft containers on the 2012 Toys for Tots Christmas Train operating between Jacksonville and Miami on Saturday, December 8th, 2012. This new container will be full of toys for the US Marines to deliver to children this holiday season.
About the FECR Christmas Train
FEC's Christmas Train offers employees, their families, customers and suppliers an opportunity to contribute to the Toys for Tots program in the communities along the east coast of Florida. In coordination with Toys for Tots, a contribution of toys will be delivered to representatives in eight Florida cities by Santa Claus, who will ride on the Christmas Train. Representatives of the United States Marine Corps will be on hand to receive the donated toys and distribute them to needy children in the local communities.
About Florida East Coast Railway
Florida East Coast Railway is a 351-mile freight rail system located along the east coast of Florida and is the exclusive rail provider for PortMiami, Port Everglades, and Port of Palm Beach. FEC connects to the national railway system in Jacksonville, Florida, to move cargo originating or terminating there. Based in Jacksonville, Florida, FEC provides end-to-end intermodal solutions to customers who demand cost-effective and premium quality. For more information, visit www.fecrwy.com.
SOURCE Florida East Coast Railway
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher