|By Marketwired .||
|December 6, 2012 03:40 PM EST||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/12 --
Editors Note: There are two photos associated with this press release.
Signature Vacations is pleased to announce the recent opening of one of Cancun's most anticipated attractions, the Maya Museum. After six years of construction and an investment of $15 million, 70% of which was contributed by the federal government through the National Institute of Anthropology (INAH), the museum was inaugurated on November 1st, 2012, just in time for the much anticipated end of the Mayan Calendar.
The Maya Museum's modern structure has become the largest ever built by INAH since the Templo Mayor Musuem was built in 1987. It is home to 350 archaeological artifacts that took 30 years to procure, relics that have never been on display, and new discoveries from recent excavations. Cancun's Maya Museum also boasts three exhibition halls of more than 4,400 square feet, two of which are permanent and one temporary venue for national and international exhibitions.
Signature Vacations invites visitors to Cancun to take in this impressive museum while enjoying their holiday in the sun. Offering an extensive collection of hotels and resorts that suit a variety of vacation needs, the operator ensures your stay in Cancun will be a comfortable one. Travellers can choose from exceptional hotel chains such as RIU Hotels & Resorts, Palace Resorts, and Hard Rock Hotels, all of which offer properties in Cancun's popular hotel zone, along with a great selection of resorts in neighbouring Riviera Cancun and Riviera Maya.
All Signature Vacations packages to Cancun, Mexico include "Sunwing Airlines' Champagne Service", which features hot towel service, a choice of hot meals at lunch and dinner served with a choice of wine, and complimentary in-flight entertainment, including first run movies. For just $40 more per flight segment, travellers can upgrade to Sunwing's Elite Plus service, which features advance seat selection, separate check-in at a majority of airports, advance boarding, 30 kg baggage allowance, and extra legroom seats.
For more information, visit www.signature.ca. To book, visit your travel agent.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links:
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Sunwing Travel Group
VP Media Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks