|By Marketwired .||
|December 6, 2012 02:19 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/12 -- Blackstone Ventures Inc. (TSX VENTURE:BLV) ("Blackstone" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Peter Wong to the Board of Directors.
Mr. Wong has held a number of progressive senior financial management positions with publicly listed mining and technology companies at the venture, development and operational stages and is currently the Chief Financial Officer for Alterra Power Corp. Mr. Wong articled with the accounting firm of Deloitte and Touche and obtained his CA designation in 1992. He is a current member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC and holds a B.Comm. from the University of British Columbia. Peter will act as Chairman of Blackstone's audit committee replacing Tor Falck who has resigned from the Board. The Company wishes to thank Mr. Falck for his dedication to the Company since joining the Board in 2006.
On behalf of Blackstone Ventures Inc.
Donald McInnes, Chairman
Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements - This news release contains certain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the business and anticipated financial performance of the Company. These statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from results contemplated by the forward-looking statements. When relying on forward-looking statements to make decisions, investors and others should carefully consider the foregoing factors and other uncertainties and should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. The Company does not undertake to update any forward looking statements, oral or written, made by itself or on its behalf.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Blackstone Ventures Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher