|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 11:21 AM EST||
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 24th Ultimate Skin Health Symposium (www.ultimateskinsymposium.com), hosted by ZO Skin Health, Inc. founder, Zein E. Obagi, M.D. brought together the world's preeminent skin care experts at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills from November 9-11. With a focus on the art and science of skin treatments and rejuvenation, the symposium provided a forum for industry leaders to introduce their latest research, breakthroughs and advances in the science of skin care and health.
Featuring a renowned faculty of dermatologists, plastic surgeons and anti-aging doctors, the symposium served to educate and progress the skin rejuvenation concepts and techniques of aesthetic practitioners worldwide. The intensive three-day program attracted skin care professionals from around the world, as well as premier exhibitors including Ellman International, Envy Medical, Ulthera, Valeant, Sciton, Cynosure, Emage, DermaSculpt, Syneron, HydraFacial, ZO Skin Health, Inc. and more.
As the Director of the symposium, Dr. Obagi had three main objectives for the conference in mind. His goals included a desire to establish the most effective approach to restoring skin health, the ability to standardize skin treatment and eliminate unnecessary variables, and to present principles and ideas that encourage creativity among physicians and skincare professionals.
Dr. Obagi shared his results from reversing severe hyperpigmentation on skin of color, and offered his new thinking about the dangerous long-term side effects of hydroquinone usage without medical supervision.
Additional topics included:
- New topical agents and delivery systems
- Novel peel protocols to treat anti-aging, acne, photo damage
- Latest advancements in skin resurfacing technologies
- Non-surgical body shaping, cellulite reduction and skin tightening
- Multi-modality approach to achieving the ideal skin condition
- Techniques for volume replacement and evaluation of neuromodulators and dermal fillers
- Use of radiofrequency devices to reduce wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and vascular changes
- Revolutionary treatment for keloid and hypertrophic scars
"It is my goal to present ideas that will challenge and encourage doctors to do their own research, experimentation, and clinical studies. It is this consistent curiosity and persistent passion for exceptional skin care that engenders vital advancements in our industry," said Dr. Obagi. To see a video recap of Dr. Obagi presenting key learnings, visit www.zoskinhealth.com/news
Dr. Obagi was joined by a world-class multidisciplinary faculty including:
About Ultimate Skin Health Symposium
Course Chairman Dr. Zein Obagi, the ZO Skin Health, Inc. medical director, was the driving creative and strategic force behind the 24th Ultimate Skin Health Symposium. He is a board certified dermatologist in Beverly Hills, California, and an author and educator who has presented more than 200 skin health lectures throughout the world.
For more than 35 years Dr. Obagi has pioneered and continues to advance skin care protocols based on his philosophy of creating and maintaining healthy skin as opposed to just treating diseased and damaged skin. The goal of the Ultimate Skin Health Symposium was to provide participants with the most up-to-date and comprehensive scientific information on all matters pertaining to the skin and skin rejuvenation, revealing the most effective methods in the treatment of skin that can easily be implemented into any practice. Participants learned in-depth treatment protocols for a wide range of skin conditions, including photo damage, hyperpigmentation and melasma, rosacea, acne, scars, and rhytides, providing a solid foundation for clinical practice. In addition to the two-day CME program, there was also a non-CME portion of the conference held on Sunday, November 11.
ZO Skin Health, Inc. and Dr. Zein Obagi have no business relationship with Obagi Medical Products, and Obagi Medical Products does not sell or endorse using any ZO® product. "ZO" is a registered trademark of ZO Skin Health, Inc. "Obagi" is a registered trademark of Obagi Medical Products, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter @skinhealthorg
Find us on Facebook.com/ultimateskinhealthsymposium
SOURCE ZO Skin Health, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher