|By Business Wire||
|December 6, 2012 08:15 AM EST||
On December 6th 2012, from 4:30 – 7:00 PM Northern Kentucky’s premier Business Accelerator program UpTech will hold a Demo Day where 8 new informatics-based start-up companies will pitch their ideas and business models to regional business leaders and regional and national investors.
According to UpTech Program Director Casey Barach, “The Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky business community could not be more proud of this class because each company represents a Big Idea that leverages the emerging discipline of Informatics. These ideas, investments and infrastructure will attract another round of talented entrepreneurs who will be able to collect and visualize data to solve new and more challenging real world problems.”
The UpTech Class of 2012:
CitiLogics, a developer of real-time data fusion software that helps water utilities lower energy costs, reduce water leakage, improve service reliability and enhance the quality of tap water.
CrowdSpark, an online contest platform that allows any business to design and launch an online contest site.
Gamigen, a software developer offering 3D simulation products geared towards the health, oil and gas, mining, academic, manufacturing and public safety industries. The company specializes in the “gamification” of business and training software.
InstrumentLife, an Internet-based business application with a social media interface that connects musical instruments with owners, retailers, repair shops and schools.
MakeupHaulic, a website dedicated to aggregating beauty-related vlogs into a searchable interface.
OneMorePallet, a website that provides small shippers the ability to purchase excess capacity from Less-Than-a-Truckload carriers at a significant discount.
StudentSource, an online tool that allows businesses and universities to connect through a marketplace where businesses outsource projects for university professors to review and assign to their students as class assignments.
Text and the City, a mobile marketing company that combines text messaging, a conventional website and mobile website to connect users on a hyper-local basis.
UpTech is a partnership of Vision 2015, Campbell County Economic Progress Authority (CCEPA), Tri-County Economic Development Corporation (Tri-ED), and Northern Kentucky University, UpTech, LLC, is a super business accelerator program designed to attract startup companies to the area to support regional growth.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks