|By Business Wire||
|December 6, 2012 06:32 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/57mncs/the_htcapple) has announced the addition of the "The HTC-Apple Settlement and Its Impact on Other Major Android Players and Global Smartphone Industry" report to their offering.
In a press statement released on November 11, 2012, Apple and HTC announced the settlement of all their ongoing patent disputes and entered into a ten-year licensing deal. This ended the patent disputes between the companies starting in March 2010. This report examines the impact of this licensing deal - Apple's first licensing deal with an Android smartphone player - on HTC, other major Android Smartphone players and the global Smartphone industry.
List of Topics
- Background introduction of the patent dispute settlement between Apple and HTC, touching on loyalties paid by HTC to Apple, Microsoft, and Qualcomm, respectively
- The impact of such settlement on HTC, other Android Smartphone players such as LG, Sony and Asus, and the global Smartphone industry as a whole
Analysis of the chance of success for Windows Phone 8 Smartphones when competing with Android Smartphones
Key Topics Covered:
1. Impact on HTC
1.1 Apple and HTC Cross Licensing Patent Portfolios
1.2 HTC Paying Apple Approx. US$5-US$8 for Every Smartphone Sold
1.3 HTC's Competitiveness to Hinge on the Likelihood of Apple Cross Licensing Patents with Others
2. Impact on Other Android Smartphone Vendors
3. Impact on the Global Smartphone Industry
3.1 Well-defined Product Positioning to Help Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Have Firm Footing
3.2 Windows Phone 8 OS Expected to Stand Its Chance to Compete with Android on Looser Hardware Requirements
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/57mncs/the_htcapple
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks