|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 05:32 AM EST||
KALUGA, Russia, December 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The 500000th motor vehicle rolled off the Volkswagen Group Rus plant's assembly line in Kaluga on November 21.
The jubilee car, a Volkswagen Polo sedan, painted the official colors of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics and Paralympics, was handed over to the city's sports and fitness center Leader - a municipal budget-funded institution whose mission, among other things, is to promote physical rehabilitation and social adaptation of people with limited health abilities.
The company is pushing ahead with unflagging efforts to increase its production capacity. Plans for building a gasoline engines plant feature prominently on its near-term agenda. The first engines of local manufacture are expected in 2015.
"The 500000th vehicle manufactured in Russia is a happy and memorable event for the Volkswagen Group Rus and also an indication of successful economic and social cooperation with Russia. It is only three years since the launch of the full production cycle plant in Kaluga. Over this period of time we managed to significantly build up the production potential. Currently, more than half of the vehicles the company sells on the Russian market are made in Russia," says Volkswagen Group Rus CEO Markus Ozegovic. 'We very much appreciate the support we get from the Kaluga Region's government, and we are very glad to give the jubilee Polo sedan as a gift to the city, which can use it at local sports events."
About the region's automotive industry prospects Governor Anatoly Artamonov said creation of new high-tech industries was a priority.
"We've got to get better every single day, to introduce new technologies, to keep abreast with progress in science and engineering," Artamonov said. "This will surely contribute to further improving the investment climate and the personnel potential of the region and give the people here a better life."
Office of Media Relations of
Administration of the Governor of the region
Contact person: specialist of department of advertising and exhibition activity
Official information is available on a site of regional administration:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks