|By Business Wire||
|December 6, 2012 12:30 AM EST||
A10 Networks™, the technology leader in Application Networking, today unveiled its new flagship AX 5630 Application Delivery Controller (ADC), which sets an industry performance record for connections per second, secure SSL connections and distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection in a compact 3 rack unit (RU), 40-Gigabit port appliance. The AX 5630 runs on A10's new Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) version 2.7, which introduces SSL Intercept, a security solution designed for enhanced enterprise protection. ACOS 2.7 also includes over 200 new features, performance enhancements for the AX 3530 and expanded hypervisor support for SoftAX.
AX 5630: Compact 3 RU, 40-Gigabit port platform designed for
the most demanding carrier and enterprise applications, high density
deployments, and multi-vendor data center consolidation.
- Sets an industry record breaking 6 million Layer 4 connections per second (L4 CPS).
- New SSL acceleration hardware delivers near-parity for 1024 and 2048-bit key performance. SSL throughput for 1024/2048-bit keys is 40 Gigabits per second (Gbps)/36 Gbps; SSL CPS is 180,000/174,000.
- Application throughput is 77 Gbps or up to 616 Gbps in an 8-unit aVCS cluster.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) SYN flood protection delivers a record setting 100+ million SYN cookies per second.
ACOS 2.7 solution highlights include:
AX 3530: ACOS 2.7 delivers superior ADC performance in Layer 4
CPS, SSL and throughput in a compact 1 RU appliance.
- New SSL acceleration hardware delivers near-parity for 1024 and 2048-bit key performance. SSL throughput for 1024 and 2048-bit keys is 24 Gbps/23 Gbps; SSL CPS is 120,000/98,000.
- 1.3 million L4 CPS and application throughput of 115 Gbps in 1 RU with up to 920 Gbps throughput in an 8-unit aVCS cluster.
- SSL Intercept: Enables decryption of TLS/SSL traffic for inspection by security devices (for example IPS, IDS, DLP, UTM, standard firewalls and more), before the traffic is sent to an AX device, which then encrypts and forwards the traffic. The AX Series provides the most scalable platform due to the high-performance dedicated SSL processing hardware optimized by ACOS.
- Cloud flexibility - Additional SoftAX virtual appliance options enable cost-effective flexible, multi-tenant architectures for Xen and KVM hypervisors, in addition to existing VMware vSphere versions.
"A10's new AX 5630 and ACOS release continue our commitment to delivering world-class customer-driven innovation," said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO for A10 Networks. "Many of our large customers are increasing their security posture, including requiring encryption on all communications, which is taxing on current infrastructures. We are taking a leadership position to address this need by delivering the highest application, SSL and DDoS performance and the most advanced security features in our energy-efficient and flexible AX Series solutions."
All AX Series platforms are dual-stack ready, ensuring the maximum flexibility with IPv4 and IPv6 protocols, enabling both native support and the most advanced IPv4/IPv6 translation capabilities. All AX Series features are available without extra licensing fees, including aFleX Layer 7 traffic scripting, aXAPI (RESTful XML management API) and more. Customers are increasingly choosing the AX Series ADCs over traditional platforms due to unique capabilities, flexibility, scalability and overall value.
AX Series enhancements and new models are available immediately.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks