|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6: PAWNBROKERS
Profile America — Wednesday, December 6th. This is National Pawnbrokers Day, held to acknowledge the valuable lending and retail services provided by the nearly 6,400 pawn shops across the country. Another important player in selling used goods is the much larger used miscellaneous merchandise stores, which number close to 78,000 from coast to coast. These stores are where you go if, for instance, you are looking for a copy of a 1934 National Geographic. These stores are overwhelmingly small, with three-quarters of them run solely by their owners. As a group, they generate more than $11 billion in revenue each year. You can find current data on the country's economy by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 580
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 5222981, 4533
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher