|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Biomatrica, Inc., a leader in ambient temperature biostability technology, today announced the completion of $5 million in private financing. Biomatrica has developed SampleMatrix® technology which has pioneered recent innovations in ambient storage of biological samples, from purified DNA, RNA, and proteins to complex systems such as tissue, cell lines, biopsies and whole blood. The company's products serve a wide range of customers such as those in the molecular diagnostics, forensics, biomedical research (academic, government and industry), and biobanks.
Biomatrica is also funded by Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) for basic technology development to solve some of the hardest biostability problems under the Diagnostics on Demand (DxOD) program. Within this program, Biomatrica is combining their proprietary biostability technology with the most advanced next generation diagnostics technology enabling their applications on a global scale without cold chain requirements.
"With the new funding, we can accelerate the launch of new technologies and products that will stabilize diagnostic assays at ambient temperature," said Judy Muller-Cohn, Ph.D., CEO and co-founder of Biomatrica. "The growth of next generation sample-to-answer diagnostic tests is rapidly emerging, and Biomatrica can offer custom solutions to companies in the molecular diagnostic space."
"Biomatrica's novel chemical stabilization technology offers significant advantages in costs and performance for ambient temperature assays," said Rolf Muller, Ph.D., CSO and co-founder of Biomatrica. "Funds raised in this round of financing will enable us to strengthen our research initiatives, increase manufacturing capabilities and improve company infrastructure."
About Biomatrica®, Inc.
Biomatrica is a leading provider of innovative products for collecting, preserving, analyzing, storing, and shipping biological samples at ambient temperatures. Biomatrica's product range maintains the integrity of DNA, RNA, saliva, blood, tissues and cells both at the point of collection and point of detection. The unique SampleMatrix® technology enables to utilize ambient temperatures for sample collection, preservation and detection resulting in unparalleled advantages in terms of maintaining sample integrity, ease-of-use and reducing per sample costs. The company's products have been adopted and validated at US government forensic agencies, academic research institutions, global biobanks and diagnostic laboratories. Biomatrica's current products include DNAstable®, DNAgard®, RNAstable® and RNAgard®.
More information is available at www.biomatrica.com or call 1-866-379-6879.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London