|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 04:15 PM EST|
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Diamond Hill Investment Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: DHIL) today announced that its board of directors has approved an $8.00 per share special cash dividend to shareholders of record on December 17, 2012 payable December 21, 2012. The company will finalize tax characterization of the dividend in February 2013 and expects a portion will be return of capital.
While this is the fifth consecutive year that the company has paid a special dividend, there can be no assurance that the company will pay a dividend in the future. The Board of Directors and management continually review various factors to determine whether the company has capital in excess of that required for the business and the appropriate use of any excess capital. The factors considered include the company's investment opportunities, the company's risks, and future dividend and capital gain tax rates. Evaluating management's stewardship of capital for shareholders is a central part of our intrinsic value investment discipline that we practice for our clients. We hold ourselves to the same standard that we look for when evaluating investments for our clients.
About Diamond Hill:
Diamond Hill is an independent investment management firm with significant employee ownership and $9.7 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2012. The firm provides investment management services to institutions and individuals through mutual funds, institutional separate accounts, and private investment funds. Diamond Hill's entire investment team shares the same intrinsic value investment philosophy focused on absolute returns, and the firm's interests are firmly aligned with its clients through significant investment in its strategies. For more information on Diamond Hill, visit www.diamond-hill.com.
SOURCE Diamond Hill Investment Group, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks