|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 04:15 PM EST||
SPRINGFIELD, Ill., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Horace Mann Educators Corporation (NYSE:HMN) Board of Directors today announced a quarterly dividend of 16 cents per share payable on December 31, 2012 to shareholders of record as of December 17, 2012. The quarterly dividend amount represents an increase of 23 percent from the third quarter 2012 dividend.
"The Board's decision to raise the dividend, the fourth consecutive increase since 2008, reflects Horace Mann's continued financial strength, excess capital position, strong cash flow and management's positive outlook on operations," said Peter H. Heckman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Horace Mann -- the largest national multiline insurance company focusing on educators' financial needs -- provides auto and homeowners insurance, retirement annuities, life insurance and other financial solutions. Founded by Educators for Educators® in 1945, the company is headquartered in Springfield, Ill. For more information, visit www.horacemann.com.
Statements included in this news release that are not historical in nature are forward-looking within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties. Horace Mann is not under any obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Please refer to the company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended September 30, 2012 and the company's past and future filings and reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for information concerning the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Horace Mann Educators Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks