|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Knovel, the leading provider of a Web-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools, today announced it has been named to the 2012-2013 EContent 100. The 2012-2013 EContent 100 list identifies the top 100 companies in the digital content industry. Companies are selected by a panel of eight judges. This is the third consecutive year Knovel has been selected for this list, totaling seven appearances since 2003.
"The econtent industry changes from day to day. From one year to the next, it's hardly recognizable, but there are some companies that manage to change with the industry, earning a spot on the EContent 100 year after year," said EContent Magazine Editor, Theresa Cramer. "And then there are the upstarts -- the companies that see a need within the industry and work to fill it. Our judges strive to recognize companies all along that spectrum, curating a truly representative list of companies making an impact on the digital content industry."
Knovel offers an unmatched depth and breadth of validated engineering content, as well as optimized search and data analysis tools, giving engineers convenient access and the ability to analyze, document and incorporate data into their everyday work.
"At Knovel, we strive to provide engineers with a single place to answer questions; one that also easily integrates analytical tools and trusted content into engineers' workflows," said Chris Forbes, CEO and co-founder of Knovel. "Workflow integration is the key to profitable use of digital content, and we are honored to be named to the EContent 100 again this year."
Knovel is a Web-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools to drive innovation and deliver answers engineers can trust. Knovel users include thousands of engineers and applied scientists worldwide. Knovel has more than 700 customers worldwide including 74 of the Fortune 500 companies, five of the Top 10 Constituents on the FTSE 100 Index and more than 400 leading universities. Founded in 2000, Knovel is a private company headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.knovel.com or call (866) 240-8174.
EContent magazine focuses on the business side of digital publishing, media, and marketing, targeting executives and decision makers in these fast-changing markets. By covering the latest tools, strategies, and thought leaders in the digital content ecosystem, EContent magazine and EContentMag.com keep professionals ahead of the curve in order to maximize their investment in digital content strategies while building sustainable, profitable business models. EContent magazine is a publication of Information Today, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London