|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SuperShuttle International, the largest shared-ride provider in the US, is rebuilding its Fort Collins fleet of shared ride vans, buses and town cars, making its Fort Collins fleet the cleanest ground transportation operator in the area.
Fort Collins is re-building its fleet of shared-ride vans, buses, and town cars with propane autogas fuel system conversions by ROUSH CleanTech and fueling by Ferrell Autogas. Other vehicles in the SuperShuttle fleet have also been converted to bio-diesel and E-85, making SuperShuttle the cleanest shared-ride transportation provider in Fort Collins.
By the Numbers:
- 7,800 fewer gallons of gasoline burned per year, per van by switching to propane autogas
- 35,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions reduced per van each year
In 2009, SuperShuttle, a recognized name in the airport ground transportation and shared-ride business, turned their trademark blue and yellow shuttle vans "green" by incorporating propane autogas vehicles into their fleet. The most widely used alternative fuel and the world's third most common engine fuel, propane autogas produces 20 percent less nitrogen oxide, up to 60 percent less carbon monoxide, up to 25 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions, and fewer particulate emissions when compared to gasoline.
"SuperShuttle is the largest national shared-ride organization in the U.S. Sharing rides is considered environmentally friendly, because combining rides reduces our carbon footprint and reduces the congestion on our roadways," said Shawn Campbell, General Manager for SuperShuttle and ExecuCar in Northern Colorado. "It makes sense to step up our game with alternative fuels like propane, particularly in markets where the environment is a major concern, such as the Fort Collins/Estes Park area."
During its lifecycle, each SuperShuttle propane autogas shuttle will release 175,000 fewer pounds of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than it would have operating on gasoline. All ROUSH CleanTech propane autogas powered vehicles meet stringent certification standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB).
About SuperShuttle: SuperShuttle International is a division of Veolia Transportation On Demand. SuperShuttle serves 39 U.S. airports and three in France, carrying more than 8 million passengers a year. ExecuCar serves 49 airports, with over 500 vehicles including sedans and SUVs. SuperShuttle and ExecuCar maintain offices in all its major cities including its national sales and marketing office in Phoenix. SuperShuttle serves some of the largest airports in the world including LAX, Kennedy, DFW, Washington Dulles, Miami International and Charles de Gaulle in Paris. Please go to www.supershuttle.com or www.ExecuCar.com for more information.
SOURCE SuperShuttle International
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?