|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 12:11 PM EST||
TeamViewer®, one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software, today announced the findings of its survey of 500 American adults ages 18 and older who work from home either full time or part time, conducted online by uSamp in October. The survey, which was drafted based on TeamViewer’s experience in office communication, found that fully half (50%) of telecommuters feel that they are more productive working from home, with 23% even saying that they are much more productive.
The survey also found that 45% of Americans believe the average telecommuter saves themselves from traveling 21-50 miles per day. This statistic becomes even more interesting given that the survey revealed 80% of Americans say that saving money on gas and having no daily commute are among the biggest benefits of working from home. The survey also showed further benefits Americans see when telecommuting including:
- Improved work/life balance – 53.56%
- Lower stress and better health – 51.98%
- Ability to complete household chores (e.g., laundry) while working – 50.4%
- No involvement in office gossip – 37.55%
- Ability to be near children during the daytime – 25.49%
Interestingly, 1% of Americans admit that they wear a suit and tie or professional attire when telecommuting. Among other attire Americans wear while working from home include t-shirt and jeans (66.8%), pajamas (26.68%), sweatpants (33.4%) and business casual attire (11.26%).
When asked what advanced technologies Americans expect from telecommuting solutions, 45% said remote control of their computer desktops at work followed by:
- Mobile access to my files both at work and at home – 43.48%
- Ability to participate in office meetings as if you were in the same room – 40.32%
- Ability to print remotely – 39.92%
- Ability to work on a document through screen-sharing – 37.55%
- Face to face video communication with colleagues and clients – 37.15%
“With an increasing number of employees requesting flexibility in the workplace, telecommuting has become inevitable,” said Holger Felgner, General Manager at TeamViewer. “TeamViewer provides a solution allowing employees to work from home without limiting their access to materials and tools they may not have otherwise.”
Founded in 2005, TeamViewer is fully focused on the development and distribution of high-end solutions for online communication and collaboration. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software. More information: www.teamviewer.com
© 2012 TeamViewer GmbH. All rights reserved.
Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher