|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 10:50 AM EST||
ManageIQ, the leading provider of IT Cloud Management ™ solutions, today announced support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1. ManageIQ support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 provides customers with unified monitoring, management and automation capabilities that are quick-to-deploy and easy-to-use, reducing the cost and complexity of enterprise virtualization and cloud computing.
Enterprises are adopting open, cost-effective solutions like Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization as the foundation for agile cloud environments that enable new service delivery models. These highly dynamic, virtualized clouds require comprehensive management capabilities to ensure performance, availability and security. ManageIQ provides advanced IT Cloud Management™ capabilities that support the latest Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 release, available today, as well as other virtualization platforms that may be incorporated in heterogeneous private and hybrid clouds.
Highlights of the ManageIQ solution supporting Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 include:
- Seamless user self-service portals support service catalogs with role-delegated automated provisioning, quota enforcement and chargeback across Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and other hypervisor environments.
- Single pane of glass operations management enabling granular control of workload resources, configurations, capacity and utilization levels, with event timelines, change and drift tracking.
- Executive management and governance with comprehensive dashboards and reporting, policy-based standards enforcement, financial management, capacity forecasting, trend analysis and health and availability of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments.
- Federated management of large and distributed Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization infrastructures from a single pane of glass, enabling enterprises to rapidly scale out their virtual and cloud deployments.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization certified and optimized to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
“ManageIQ works closely with Red Hat to deliver key capabilities for effectively managing virtual and cloud environments,” said Chuck Dubuque, senior manager, Product Marketing, Red Hat Virtualization Infrastructure. “Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 and ManageIQ solutions together offer compelling cost, performance, capability and scalability advantages over proprietary solutions, enabling our customers to lower costs for both their virtualized environments as well as their private and hybrid clouds.”
“ManageIQ has been helping IT organizations successfully adopt cloud computing through a transformational approach, enabling rapid evolution from virtualization to private clouds,” said Joseph Fitzgerald, ManageIQ Chief Product Officer. “We are addressing customer requirements to reduce costs and increase agility by providing unified management across virtualization platforms as well as private and hybrid clouds. Our support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 gives customers the flexibility to leverage best-of-breed virtualization and cloud platforms while maintaining continuous visibility and policy-based control through a single pane of glass.”
ManageIQ solutions for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 are available immediately from ManageIQ at www.manageiq.com/RHEV and from the Red Hat Market Place at http://marketplace.redhat.com/rhev. To download a free, fully supported 60-day trial of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1, visit www.redhat.com/rhev3.
Join Red Hat’s Optimizing IT virtual event, beginning on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11am ET and available on-demand following the live presentation, to learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 and to see a presentation from ManageIQ. Register for the event: https://vts.inxpo.com/scripts/server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:QS!10100&ShowKey=11689&AffiliateData=press.
ManageIQ is a leading provider of enterprise cloud management and automation solutions that enable organizations to deploy, manage and optimize private, public and hybrid clouds, virtualized infrastructures and virtual desktops. Its solutions, built on a common Adaptive Management Platform™, deliver unified monitoring, management and automation through a single pane of glass across enterprise clouds and globally distributed datacenters. Enterprise customers use ManageIQ solutions to transform the management of their IT infrastructures, accelerate service delivery and maximize their IT resource investments. For more information, please visit www.manageiq.com.
Red Hat is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher