|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 10:32 AM EST||
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Crescent Resources selected John Classe Jr., a real estate industry veteran with almost three decades of experience, to lead its residential projects in Florida.
Classe's real estate development experience includes all aspects of planning, entitlements, design, permitting, government relations, project finance and community governance. He has overseen the development of a variety of large-scale, master-planned communities, retail centers and resorts. Classe's notable community development expertise includes Celebration and Baldwin Park, both award winning mixed-use master-planned communities, located in Central Florida.
"John knows Florida's real estate market as well as anybody, and he brings a tremendous amount of residential development experience to this position," said Margaret Jennesse, senior vice president of the Residential Division. "He will guide our efforts as we continue to expand our Sunshine State portfolio."
Crescent's residential presence in the state continues to grow. The company recently purchased Oakland Park – a 258-acre community between the Town of Oakland and City of Winter Garden, Fla. Crescent's other Florida communities include BridgeWater and Grand Hampton in Tampa, and Winding River in St. Marys, Ga., which is in the Jacksonville market.
"Crescent creates one-of-kind communities that people love to call home," Classe said. "I'm excited to join the team and develop new communities in Florida that will serve as a model for responsible, high-quality residential development."
Prior to joining Crescent, Classe worked in Orlando, Fla. as vice president of Atkins North America, formerly PBS&J; vice president and chief operating officer of New Broad Street Companies; and vice president of Pritzker Realty Group.
Classe is a member of the Urban Land Institute, a previous member of the Central Florida Partnership Board of Directors, and a previous chairman of the City of Orlando's Historic Preservation and Municipal Planning Boards. He is a licensed Professional Engineer and Real Estate Broker in Florida, and he served as an elected member of the Urban Orlando Community Development District Board of Supervisors from 2000 to 2010.
About Crescent Resources, LLC
Founded in 1969 and based in Charlotte, Crescent Resources is a diversified real estate development and operating company. The company conducts business through four divisions in growing markets in the Southeast and Texas and has a long history of developing high-quality residential communities and commercial assets. Currently, Crescent has more than 20 master-planned communities and seven multifamily communities with 2,200 units under development and an additional 2,900 multifamily units in predevelopment. Crescent owns more than 75,000 acres of land across its four divisions, including 1,400 acres zoned for a variety of commercial uses. Visit www.crescent-resources.com for more information.
SOURCE Crescent Resources
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London