|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced advancements in its delivery of open hybrid cloud solutions and technologies to enterprises. Expanding its cloud footprint, Red Hat today delivers an update to its open hybrid cloud management platform with the availability of Red Hat CloudForms 1.1 and releases two cloud solution bundles and a services offering combining several of Red Hat’s leading product portfolios.
Red Hat CloudForms 1.1
In early June 2012, Red Hat delivered the first release of Red Hat CloudForms, an open hybrid cloud management platform built to enable enterprises to create and manage Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) hybrid clouds with the ability to make self-service computing resources available to users in a managed, governed and secure way. With CloudForms, enterprises can build and manage an open enterprise hybrid cloud, providing infrastructure choice spanning across multiple virtualization platforms and extending to public cloud resources, and can build and manage applications in their cloud, enabling enterprises to use their cloud for their workloads.
Today, Red Hat updates the CloudForms platform with the release of CloudForms 1.1. With this release, Red Hat has expanded the reach of the product further into Asia Pacific and Europe with enablement for four additional languages, including Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Portuguese. The 1.1 release also incorporates a number of updates and fixes covering features such as:
- System Groups: allowing administrators to easily organize systems to perform actions, such as updating packages, upon many systems as if they were one.
- LDAP Support: allowing enterprises to leverage their existing identity management solutions within CloudForms.
- Content searching: providing enterprises the ability to quickly search all application lifecycle environments for specific pieces of content.
Open Hybrid Cloud Solutions and Open IaaS Architecture Service Offering
At the Red Hat Summit in June 2012, Red Hat announced a set of solutions designed to enable enterprises to build and manage open hybrid clouds. Combining Red Hat’s full portfolio of products, the solutions offer enterprises an easy on-ramp to open hybrid cloud computing with reduced complexity.
The first of the four solutions, Red Hat Storage, was delivered in June 2012. Today, Red Hat announces the general availability of two additional open hybrid cloud solutions:
- Red Hat Hybrid IaaS Solution: This offering reduces the complexity of building a hybrid cloud by providing a comprehensive set of software components to save time in deploying a hybrid cloud. The solution includes virtualization management with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; a hybrid cloud management framework with Red Hat CloudForms; guest operating system with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the ability to add on-demand public cloud compute hours with Red Hat Certified Public Cloud Providers.
- Red Hat Cloud with Virtualization Bundle: With this offering, customers can combine cloud and virtualization projects into one step to enable the acceleration of project completion, the reduction of project hours and lowered total cost of ownership. This solution includes software needed to build and manage a cloud, from virtualization management to cloud orchestration, to cover virtual machine management, systems management and application lifecycle management. Included in the solution bundle are Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat CloudForms.
In addition, Red Hat is also launching a new cloud-focused offering from its Services team, called the Open IaaS Architecture Service. Cloud services from Red Hat are designed to accelerate the development of functional, enterprise-ready clouds and their associated services and benefits to enterprises. To help enable a customer’s private or hybrid cloud for success from day one, Red Hat offers its Open IaaS Architecture Service, which defines, designs, installs and optimizes Red Hat’s cloud and virtualization offerings to deliver an open, scalable IaaS specific to each customer’s environment. The service also includes documentation of the installation as well as guidance on best practices for ongoing management.
CloudForms 1.1, the Red Hat Hybrid IaaS Solution, the Red Hat Cloud with Virtualization Bundle and the Open IaaS Architecture Service are globally available from Red Hat today.
Virtual Event and Announcement
To learn more about these announcements and to hear from Red Hat executives, partners and customers about Red Hat Cloud and the full Red Hat portfolio, join Red Hat for its Optimizing IT virtual event beginning at 11:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012. The keynote and presentations will also be available on demand following the live event. Join by visiting https://vts.inxpo.com/scripts/server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:QS!10100&ShowKey=11689&AffiliateData=press.
Bryan Che, general manager, Cloud Business Unit, Red Hat
“With Red Hat’s expertise in open source and throughout the full stack, we are an ideal partner for enterprises looking to deploy open hybrid cloud solutions. With the delivery of both an update to our CloudForms management platform and the availability of our two hybrid cloud solutions, we’re offering our customers even greater flexibility and ease in the cloud. With these offerings, Red Hat drives further cloud leadership for the industry.”
Jay Lyman, senior analyst, 451 Research
“Today's enterprise organizations face a forward path that must consider existing and legacy investments in datacenter, virtual and cloud computing infrastructure and technology. With its comprehensive suite of virtualization, cloud computing and hybrid offerings, as well as additional choices common to many enterprise implementations, Red Hat is matching market demand for flexibility, openness and performance that will help enterprises evolve their IT infrastructure with the cloud.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Cloud
- Learn more about CloudForms
- Learn more about or order Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud solutions
- Join Red Hat’s Optimizing IT virtual event
Connect with Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company’s views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo and JBoss are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher