|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 09:03 AM EST||
Virtustream, Inc., the leading enterprise class cloud solution provider, today announced accelerated adoption of its xStream cloud software and Virtustream infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering by multiple industry verticals with recent customer wins, including enterprises in manufacturing, healthcare, food, financial services and government sectors. Virtustream recently announced a number of new customers, including CHF International, Veyance Technologies, Tate & Lyle Sugars, NJVC, Open Solutions Inc., Lanx, Marine Resources Group and Diesel Direct. This recent customer momentum underscores the adoption of Virtustream’s xStream software as a comprehensive cloud solution for enterprises that wish to run mission-critical applications in the cloud. These new clients join the ranks of over 200 enterprises using xStream cloud solutions today.
According to Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service” report, “Initially, most businesses choose use cases that are peripheral to their organization's IT needs, but over time, adopt cloud IaaS for mainstream business applications as well, including mission-critical applications, mirroring the past decade's adoption pattern of virtualization in the data center. Many businesses, especially in the midmarket, will eventually migrate away from running their own data centers in favor of relying primarily on infrastructure in the cloud.”i
“These customer wins have further expanded our enterprise client base, proving that our enterprise class cloud solution works for a broad set of mission-critical use cases,” said Simon Aspinall, chief vertical markets, strategy and marketing for Virtustream. “This illustrates how enterprises across multiple industries can use xStream to achieve the benefits of cloud – dynamic, scalable and on-demand. From healthcare to financial services, Virtustream’s hybrid cloud solution enables organizations to improve their performance and increase business agility without an expensive price tag. We are excited to have had so much success in recent months, and are confident that this will continue moving forward.”
Virtustream’s recent customer wins include a number of public verticals:
- Manufacturing: Virtustream is managing Veyance Technologies’ complex and global SAP environment in the cloud. Veyance Technologies, the exclusive manufacturer and marketer of Goodyear Engineered Products worldwide, is capitalizing on Virtustream’s extensive experience deploying SAP production environments to the cloud.
- Healthcare: Lanx, one of the largest, privately-held, global spinal implant companies in the U.S., marked a significant endeavor into the healthcare sector, as Virtustream and Freeborders teamed up to move Lanx’s SAP environment to the cloud.
- Non-Profit: As an established non-profit that works in developing and conflict-affected countries, CHF International turned to Virtustream’s Professional Services team to optimize its private VMware vSphere cloud.
- IT Solutions: NJVC, an information technology solutions provider, was quick to select Virtustream’s SpotCloud marketplace to power its NJVC Cloudcuity Government Marketplace. The solution enables its customers to shop for on-demand compute services from providers that are attempting to sell unused capacity.
- Food & Beverage: Tate & Lyle Sugars, the leading refined cane sugar producers in the United Kingdom, leveraged Virtustream’s cloud platform to deploy its full application landscape to the cloud after being acquired by Domino Sugar, the world´s largest refined cane sugar producer.
- Maritime: Seeking a cloud service provider with expertise in enterprise applications, Marine Resources Group, one of the largest maritime services companies in the United States, selected Virtustream to provide the cloud managed services required to run their mission-critical enterprise systems.
- Petroleum: Diesel Direct, a national supplier of on‐site diesel mobile refueling, migrated its IT infrastructure to improve its agility and enhance business continuity after experiencing an increase in customer demand.
What Customers and Partners are Saying
“Virtustream has a proven record of success with SAP production environments and a technology that will support our disaster recovery while significantly reducing our IT costs,” said Taylor Erickson, vice president of IT at Lanx. “xStream will provide the performance we require to run our SAP applications, as well as the agility and elasticity to meet our needs as our business continues to grow.”
“Having outgrown our existing systems footprint, our compute performance suffered and slowed our ability to provide the critical information clients required and that we need to run our day-to-day operations,” said Dan Abrams, president and CEO of Diesel Direct. “Moving critical IT applications to the cloud delivered the performance, scale and stability that we needed. Virtustream has been a true partner through the migration process, and we were as impressed by the speed and ease of onboarding as we are with the solution itself.”
Companies like these choose xStream because they require an enterprise cloud that provides the security, assured performance, reliability and rapid recovery necessary for their mission-critical applications.
“Virtustream has established itself as a leading enterprise cloud innovator by delivering private, public and hybrid cloud solutions for mission-critical applications. To achieve this, Virtustream uses NetApp’s industry-leading storage based on clustered ONTAP software to power the Virtustream cloud solutions," said Brendon Howe, vice president, product and solutions marketing, NetApp.
“Virtustream's xStream cloud software takes full advantage of a number of Intel leading capabilities including the power and efficiency of our Xeon® processors and Intel's leading security features like TXT,” said Billy Cox, general manager, cloud software at Intel Corporation. “Virtustream's ability to deliver mission-critical applications securely from the cloud will significantly accelerate enterprise cloud adoption.”
xStream’s unique µVMTM technology builds on high performance and security capabilities provided by leading hardware providers including Intel, NetApp and Cisco. xStream delivers silicon-level security based on innovative Intel TXT capabilities; the µVM technology provides industry-leading performance SLAs for applications using the clustered OnTAP NetApp technologies at the storage layer, and delivers highly secure defense-in-depth throughout its network and compute core by leveraging Cisco UCS, switching and firewall technologies.
iGartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service” by Lydia Leong, Douglas Toombs, Bob Gill, Gregor Petri and Tiny Haynes, October 18, 2012
The Virtustream xStream cloud solution delivers an innovative approach to private, public and hybrid clouds, enabling enterprise customers to deploy mission-critical applications to the cloud. xStream is available as software for existing data centers and as a managed service from the Virtustream Cloud. Powered by Virtustream µVMTM technology, xStream delivers enterprise-grade security and compliance, multi-tenant efficiency, application performance SLAs and consumption based charging for both legacy and web-scale applications. xStream provides the hybrid cloud solution that most enterprises prefer – allowing a combination of existing IT, on-site private clouds with off-site virtual private/public clouds. xStream allows businesses to adopt the cloud at their own pace, simply managing the entire solution through a single pane of glass.
Virtustream is a leading cloud innovator offering enterprise class cloud solutions for enterprises, governments and service providers. Virtustream simplifies moving complex IT to the cloud - whether private, public or hybrid – while delivering the full economic and business benefits of the cloud. Virtustream offers xStream: a secure, high availability, enterprise class hybrid cloud solution, delivering application level SLAs for mission critical applications (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and thousands more). xStream is available as software for existing data centers and as a managed service from Virtustream's cloud – all backed by professional services to design, migrate, and manage clouds. Virtustream offers xStream worldwide; owns data centers in the U.S. and EMEA; operates an international Cloud Exchange; has offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Toronto, Dublin, Dubai and Saudi Arabia and has partners in Asia and China.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks