|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced Steve Riley, technical director in the Office of the CTO at Riverbed®, will deliver the opening keynote, "Everything You Think You Know About Cloud is Wrong" at the Cloud & Virtualization Live! Conference, December 10 -14, 2012 at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, FL. Riley will also drive a separate discussion during the conference examining the advantages of network virtualization.
- In a keynote entitled, "Everything You Think You Know about the Cloud is Wrong," Riley will challenge the notion that cloud computing is yet another return to the age of centralization and suggest it is more accurate to regard it as "distributed re-centralization." Riley will discuss how, with nearly ubiquitous access from devices of all sizes, traditional approaches to developing applications, managing systems, and securing information need to transform. Attendees will learn that to succeed today, they need to develop, manage, and secure for tomorrow. This session will take place on Tuesday, December 11 from 8:00am - 9:00am.
- In a session entitled, "Softening the Network: Virtualization, the Final Frontier," Riley will examine how virtualization is core to the cloud, and how software abstractions have replaced hardware appliances everywhere -- except the network. Riley will outline the innovations that are making network virtualization possible, as well as the many advantages that can be achieved from virtualizing this "final frontier." This session is scheduled on Thursday, December 13 from 9:30am - 10:45am. Please check the show guide for location.
- More than 20,000 organizations are using Riverbed solutions to improve performance levels as they implement key initiatives, such as virtualization and cloud computing. Riverbed's broad suite of performance solutions span (WAN) optimization, edge-VSI, application-aware network performance management (NPM), application delivery, web content optimization (WCO), and cloud data protection.
"As enterprises increasingly move critical business applications to the cloud they realize it is no longer business as usual for IT," said Steve Riley, technical director in the Office of the CTO, Riverbed. "To fundamentally transform their business and realize benefits such as reduced costs and increased productivity, organizations need a new approach to application design, methods, and processes that aligns with cloud computing."
Cloud and Virtualization Live! Conference
Cloud & Virtualization Live! delivers intelligent training with real-world applicability on today's virtualization and cloud technologies. Including the industry's most celebrated expert speakers, this event brings together IT professionals, systems administrators, developers, and consultants who want to improve their skill sets in evaluating, deploying, and optimizing virtual and cloud-based environments. To learn more about the Cloud and Virtualization Conference, visit: http://virtlive360.com/Events/2012/Home.aspx
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, statements regarding performance results of Riverbed solutions that may suggest likely or certain outcomes, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to meet the needs of distributed organizations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on October 25, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks