|By Marketwire .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Midokura, a global startup focused on network virtualization, today announced its participation at the UP 2012 Cloud Computing Conference held on December 12 in San Francisco. Midokura will present on the trending topic of network virtualization.
The UP Cloud Computing Conference is one of the largest and oldest cloud events with world class lineup of speakers, providing solutions that can be applied today and tomorrow. The conference covers a wide range of topics and provides an annual review of cloud computing developments and trends and the impact on global economy and society.
Midokura Presentation At-A-Glance
What: Making the Case for Network Virtualization
Who: Ben Cherian, Chief Strategy Officer for Midokura
When: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM PST
Where: Room C, UP Cloud Computing Conference at the South San Francisco Conference Center
Presentation Summary: Limitations of hardware-dependent networks are preventing enterprises from realizing the full potential of cloud computing, and therefore vastly limiting the return on their investment. Traditional networks don't scale in the same way storage and compute resources can scale and the only option generally is to scale up (purchasing bigger networking devices). There are several cons to this approach, such as: it's not linearly scalable, it is expensive and this approach can cause service interruptions. The solution: virtualize the network. In this session, Ben Cherian will educate the audience on what network virtualization is and the potential for this modern approach.
Register for the UP Cloud Computing Conference here: http://up-con.com/register-now
Midokura is a global startup focused on network virtualization. Founded in 2010, the team has a pedigree including Amazon and Google, and has spent more than two years building MidoNet, a complete overlay network virtualization solution that integrates with cloud platforms such as OpenStack. Midokura has offices in San Francisco, Tokyo and Barcelona, and is on the web at http://www.midokura.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks