|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 06:15 AM EST||
SUGAR LAND, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- President Barack Obama was re-elected a month ago, but a frequent claim during the presidential campaign -- that Obama was waging a "war on coal" -- continues to echo throughout coal country. Tougher power plant regulations from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (Washington, D.C.) have cut into demand for thermal coal by U.S. electric utilities. But beyond tougher environmental regulation, coal's woes today also stem from a combination of factors: low natural gas prices, slow U.S. economic growth, geologic reality, extraction economics, and softening demand for coal in rapidly industrializing countries like China and India.
Other companies featured: CONSOL Energy Incorporated (NYSE:CNX), Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU), Alpha Natural Resources (NYSE:ANR), Joy Global Incorporated (NYSE:JOY), Caterpillar Incorporated (NYSE:CAT)
For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info's Premium Industry News at http://www.industrialinfo.com/showAbstract.jsp?newsitemID=231712&refer=mw, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at www.industrialinfo.com.
Industrial Info Resources (IIR), with global headquarters in Sugar Land, Texas, and eight offices outside of North America, is the leading provider of global market intelligence specializing in the industrial process, heavy manufacturing and energy markets. Industrial Info's quality-assurance philosophy, the Living Forward Reporting Principle, provides up-to-the-minute intelligence on what's happening now, while constantly keeping track of future opportunities. To contact an office in your area, visit the www.industrialinfo.com "Contact Us" page.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher