|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 06:08 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- There are times when fashion minds meet and make something wonderful.
A recent piece in The Guardian's Fashion Blog celebrated the 'perfect fit' of the upcoming collaboration between MIA and Versace. Given both party's elaborate and colourful attitude to fashion and design, the result of such collaboration looks to be a complete rush of colour and pattern, hitting the sense in a great, beautiful Big Bang.
Versace, a particularly bright and strong brand, suits the equally innovative style of MIA and other larger-than-life heroines like Madonna and Lady Gaga.
Back on the High Street, collaborations are a strong force too. One of the strongest relationships running is the one between Kelly Brook and fashion-forward favourites, New Look. Like Versace and MIA, New Look has opted for a discernible face to keep in-theme with their brand. Kelly Brook's inimitable style, which has been honed, perfected and influenced by her Hollywood star looks and curvaceous figure, is a fitting model for New Look, from swimwear to dresses, and particularly the collections of lingerie. The current A/W 12 of lingerie has a 50s-inspired feel, which all appropriate a vintage kind of charm.
The vintage charm lends itself to the successful collections of party dresses, glittering and glamorous pieces, which are exclusives and wardrobe one-offs. There are shoes too - Double Strap Leopard Print Strap Platform shoes, which more than hint at the lavish Femme Fetale looks of the 40s and 50s.
The idea that sharing ideas to make something brighter and better is one picked up by intelligent brands on order to keep moving forward; not to subtract from the brand's value, but to show how influential it can be; to illustrate the exclusivity of very special collections.
From Versace to New Look, the power of two shows great minds think alike.
+44 (0)20 332 66234
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher