|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 03:30 AM EST||
LONDON, December 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Today sees the launch of a national cooperative of parcel shops with a refreshing new concept. Local Letterbox is here to stamp out the "sorry you were out" cards that have become a depressing feature of everyday life.
Failed deliveries have cost the industry an estimated £1billion according to the Interactive Media in Retail Group which represents the largest online retailers in the UK.
By 2018 the parcel market is expected to double to 2 billion deliveries however the current network will reach capacity by the end of 2016. If a solution is not found and implemented by 2016, consumers will face further disappointment and lost packages.
Local Letterbox is tackling this issue head on though, with a full national network of dedicated, convenient and secure parcel shops. It aims to take away the headache of parcel deliveries and returns with stores allowing customers to both collect and post parcels from locations that are convenient to them anytime from 7am till 10pm, 6 days a week.
As part of Local Letterbox's rapid growth plan, the cooperative is looking to open a minimum of 2,000 stores by summer 2013 and as a result is on the hunt for franchisees to join the team and monopolise on the growth of the online parcel industry, a sector which has continued to grow year on year. The growth plan will create an estimated 10,000 jobs across the UK. Local Letterbox has begun its search for in excess of 2,000 franchisees nationally to monopolise on a multi-billion pound market which is continuing to grow.
Iain Wood, Commercial Director of Local Letterbox said: "We've all had a bad delivery experience whether it's a parcel being lost in transit or being unavailable to collect due to work commitments. Recent figures show that 18% of deliveries are unsuccessful; the current home delivery offering doesn't fit with our busy lives. On top of that, 22% of deliverers are returned to the retailer, an even more time consuming task."
"People across the country need a better solution for the safe and reliable delivery of their online orders. Consumers are busier than ever nowadays and don't have the time to sit and wait for a delivery. They want a service that is convenient for them that they can bolt on to their daily routine amidst the school run or a trip to the local shop. This is what Local Letterbox will deliver its consumers."
SOURCE Local Letterbox
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London