|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Designed to extend an existing wireless network to the farthest corners of a home, small office or even the backyard, D-Link today announced the push-button Wireless Range Extender (DAP-1320). The compact and ultra-portable Wireless Range Extender is ideal for pushing wireless signals to those hard-to-reach areas – eliminating Wi-Fi dead zones and broadening the range of a wireless network for seamless everyday Internet activities such as emailing, chatting, music, video streaming, and VoIP calling.
"As the number of wireless devices increases in a household, consumers are always looking to expand and strengthen their Wi-Fi coverage into the farthest corners of the home," said Daniel Kelley, associate vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "Not only does our Wireless Range Extender offer whole home coverage for today's connected home, but it works with any router brand with a push of a button and also complements the user experience with other D-Link® products – watch seamless streaming content on a MovieNite™ Plus or keep an eye of things with D-Link's Cloud Cameras without any glitches."
Delivering speeds of up to 300Mbps, the Wireless Range Extender expands network connectivity to wireless devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets, offering fast web-browsing, smooth online gaming, uninterrupted music and video streaming, fast downloading/uploading speeds, and Skype or Facetime calls without any lag time or glitches. The device is equipped with Wireless N technology and uses multiple intelligent antennas to maximize the speed and range of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signals to significantly outperform previous-generation Wireless G devices. The antennas make use of a home's environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off walls and ceilings to work around obstructions and help eliminate dead spots. In addition, the Wireless Range Extender features a simple one-button installation and is universally compatible with all wireless brands[i] for added flexibility. Simply press the WPS button on the existing router and then on the Wireless Range Extender to sync and instantly increase the coverage of a wireless home network.
More about the Wireless Range Extender
The Wireless Range Extender delivers a range of performance features, including:
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) Push Button for Easy Connection to a Wireless Network
- Compatible with any wireless router brand
- N300 technology significantly outperforms Wireless G technology
- Extend Internet access for a range of wireless devices, including laptops, smartphones, tablets and more
- IEEE 802.11n and 802.11g compliant
- Supports Secure Wireless Encryption Using WPA™ or WPA2™ Security
Availability and Pricing
The D-Link® Wireless Range Extender (DAP-1320) is now available with a price of $49.99 through major e-tailers, including Amazon.com, Buy.com and Newegg.com and at retailers such as Office Depot and J&R. More information about the Wireless Rage Extender (DAP-1320) is available on D-Link's website.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
D-Link, the D-Link logo, and MovieNite are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2012. D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
[i] Compliant with IEEE 802.11g/n wireless Routers/AP.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks