|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5: WALT DISNEY
Profile America — Wednesday, December 5th. Today marks the birthday of one of the most familiar names in American entertainment — Walt Disney — born in Chicago in 1901. He created Mickey Mouse in 1928 in the first animated film with a sound track. Donald Duck came along in 1934, and three years later Disney created the first of a legendary series of animated feature films, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs." The firm bearing his name continues to be a major player in today's entertainment industry. Walt Disney's legacy includes not only movies but television shows, books, toys, and theme parks. There are 468 amusement and theme parks across the nation, and they sell nearly $12 billion worth of tickets annually. Profile America is in its 16th year as a public service of the U.S. Census Bureau.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 573
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 71311
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher