|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 08:37 PM EST||
PRINCE GEORGE, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Lakeland Mills Ltd. today extended congratulations to Hampton Affiliates on its decision to rebuild the Babine Forest Products sawmill in Burns Lake.
"The explosion and fire that destroyed the Babine mill last January was a tragedy that had devastating impacts on the Burns Lake region," said Greg Stewart, president of Sinclar Group Forest Products, of which Lakeland Mills is a division. "We are extremely happy for the Burns Lake First Nations and the people of Burns Lake. Today's decision by Hampton Affiliates will allow the community to heal and move forward with their lives."
Lakeland Mills has not made a decision on whether it will rebuild its own sawmill, which was destroyed in an April 23, 2012 explosion and fire.
"As we have said before, the conditions are favourable to support a positive decision about whether we will be able to rebuild," said Stewart. "That said, our timeline and our operating environment are different than Hampton's. We will make every effort to make a decision as soon as possible."
Lakeland Mills has no further comment about the rebuild decision at this time.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks