|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 07:02 PM EST||
GLASGOW, Scotland, December 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Brewer's Sporting Initiative raises £16,000 for Capability Scotland
Scotland's leading brewer has today (5th December) unveiled that it has raised a total of £16,000 for Capability Scotland following its pledge to donate 5p of every pint sold on the day of Glasgow's Olympic homecoming parade.
On the day of the parade on 14th September, sales of Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export in Scotland generated the £16,000 total which was today handed over to Capability Scotland Director of External Affairs Richard Hamer, Glasgow-based sportswoman Rosie Smith (25), a pioneer of wheelchair climbing who lit the Paralympic cauldron in Edinburgh and gold winning Scottish Paralympic swimmer, Jim Anderson OBE.
Richard Hamer, Capability Scotland's Director of External Affairs, said: "We are delighted that this initiative was so successful and it has truly exceeded our expectations. Tennents' kind donation will make a real difference to Capability Scotland's work and will help us carry the Paralympics spirit forward by helping disabled people to achieve their ambitions."
As well as campaigning with and providing employment, education and care services to disabled adults and children, Capability Scotland supports disabled people to access sports and leisure activities across the nation.
Tennent Caledonian Sales Director Jim Young commented: "Our team was inspired by the success of Scotland's athletes over the summer and wanted to do something to continue the legacy in Scotland. We're really pleased that the money raised is going to a charity at the heart of the disabled community in Scotland and that it will make a difference to their support for disabled athletes and access to sport for everyone."
Notes to editors
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients.
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
SOURCE Tennent Caledonian
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher