|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 12:50 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Embarcadero Technologies today announced that Bjarne Stroustrup, the designer and original implementer of the C++ programming language, will join David Intersimone, Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist for Embarcadero, for a live, online conversation on C++, taking place on Monday, December 10, 2012 at 8am PST. The one-hour session is part of CodeRage 7, Embarcadero's online conference series designed specifically for software development professionals.
In the session, "A Conversation with Bjarne Stroustrup - The C++11 Language Standard, Portability, and C++'s Ubiquitous Presence in the Markets," Bjarne and David will discuss the new ISO C++11 standard, new language features, how C++11 builds on C++'s strengths, and how it makes C++ easier to learn, use and teach. Bjarne will also discuss application portability and C++'s ubiquitous presence in the markets.
CodeRage 7 brings together top industry speakers and technologists to talk about a wide variety of topics, all geared toward maximizing developer productivity. Live, online session and presenter highlights during the three days of the virtual C++ conference also include:
- C++Builder Product Address - John Thomas
- Migrating C++Builder Code to 64-bit - Bruneau Babet
- Supporting the Delphi Extensions and RTTI in the C++Builder Win64 compiler - Eli Boling
- Using the C++ Standard and Boost Libraries in your 32-bit and 64-bit applications - Lee Cantey
- The Resurgence of C++ for Application Development - John Thomas
- Creating your First InterBase Application using C++Builder - Quinn Wildman
- Discover LiveBindings advanced features - Jim Tierney
Register for CodeRage 7 today at http://forms.embarcadero.com/forms/CodeRage7Registration.
About Bjarne Stroustrup
Holding the title of Distinguished Professor at Texas A&M, the university's highest rank, Bjarne Stroustrup, is the College of Engineering Chair in Computer Science at the university. Using C++ as his tool, Stroustrup has pioneered the use of object-oriented and generic programming techniques in application areas such as general systems programming, switching, simulation, graphics, user-interfaces, embedded systems, and scientific computation. Today, C++ is the most widely used programming language in the world. He has also authored many books on C++, which have been translated into multiple languages across the globe.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. www.embarcadero.com
Kulesa Faul for Embarcadero Technologies
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks