|By Business Wire||
|December 4, 2012 12:44 PM EST||
Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC), the second-largest cable operator in the United States, has been named among the nation’s “Best Places To Work” for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people by the Human Rights Campaign’s 2013 Corporate Equality Index. This marks the first year that the company earns a 100 percent score – a 10 percent increase from last year.
The 2013 index, which looks at the policies and practices that impact LGBT employees across hundreds of large U.S. corporations, is considered a trusted benchmark for measuring the inclusion of LGBT employees. The criteria that were used to determine companies' scores included looking at equal employment opportunity policies, employment benefits for workers and their spouses/partners, transgender-inclusive health insurance, public commitment and responsible citizenship.
“We can’t be more proud to be awarded such an important recognition by the Human Rights Campaign,” said Peter Stern, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy, People and Corporate Development Officer at Time Warner Cable. “Our 100 percent score clearly exemplifies our commitment and dedication to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We are honored to be in the company of peers who are equally devoted to the LGBT community.”
Time Warner Cable has a deep tradition of strong diversity engagement and support. Some of Time Warner Cable’s LGBT initiatives through our Employee Networks include:
- Hosted four lunch and learns: Legal Issues Affecting the LGBT Community; Current Legislation Affecting the LGBT Community; Same Sex Parenting; and Domestic Partner Benefits
- Participated in community events: NC Pride; OutRaleigh; Charlotte Pride; HRC Gala; NC Equality Gala; and 5th Annual Happening
- Increased membership from 100 to almost 150 members
- Supported the Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund
- Helped build interest around starting OUT@TWC groups in Ohio, Wisconsin, Texas, Kentucky, and California
- Partnered with the Time Warner Cable Diversity and Inclusion Council for the Time Warner Cable Taste of Charlotte
- Marched in the NYC Pride March
- Sponsored a team for the NYC Aids Walk
- Added transgender benefits coverage for 2013
With a million members, the Human Rights Campaign is the nation’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for LGBT Americans. A complete list of the 2013 Corporate Equality Index rankings can be found at www.hrc.org.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high‐speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and, through its NaviSite subsidiary, managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks