|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 11:26 AM EST||
LEHI, UT -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Matrix42 (www.matrix42.com) has released updates to its products for managing physical and virtual devices to add support for Windows 8 and now includes workplace compliance and self-service capabilities as part of the product purchase. This allows companies to provide an integrated and user-centric approach to IT workplace management that maximizes end-user productivity and reduces IT costs.
"With the continuing explosive growth in the amount of data and devices businesses need to manage, IT departments remain under extreme pressure to do more with less," said Herbert Uhl, Matrix42 CEO. "Matrix42 allows companies to automate management processes and more efficiently utilize their IT assets and software licenses to significantly reduce their costs. We also improve employee productivity with self-service access to data and services from anywhere and at any time while maintaining corporate security and workplace compliance."
New features and functionality include:
- Full incorporation of self-service into virtual desktop management and endpoint management, which allows users to request and provision automated services. This removes common, repetitive IT tasks from the helpdesk and lets end users solve their IT challenges on demand to reduce service costs by up to 70 percent.
- Workplace compliance included for managing assets, licenses and contracts. Companies can see where they are overpaying for licenses and where they are missing contracts, which ensures compliance and has been shown to save up to 30 percent on software license expenses.
- Support for Windows 8 as well as Windows SQL Server 2012 and Mac OS 10.8 in Matrix42 Physical Workplace Management. It can be used to manage desktops running these operating systems and to automate an OS migration to any of them.
- Ability to freely design the software library and set up enhanced task delegation options.
- Tighter control over software rollouts with more precise definition of maintenance windows and exceptions to avoid interrupting work processes.
Matrix42 is the leading supplier for Workplace Management solutions with seamless management of physical, virtual and mobile environments. It combines Client Lifecycle, Cloud, SaaS and Virtualization into a holistic solution enabling users to have transparent access to their data and services everywhere, from any virtual or physical device at any time. Founded in 1992, Matrix42, with headquarters near Salt Lake City and Frankfurt, Germany, has been established in the dynamic IT market for almost 20 years. More than 2.5 million clients are managed by Matrix42 software with more than 2,500 customers worldwide.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher