|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced new software enhancements to the Oracle SPARC SuperCluster engineered system which enable customers to consolidate any combination of mission-critical enterprise databases, middleware and applications on a single system and rapidly deploy secure, self-service cloud services.
- SPARC SuperCluster can deliver 10x application consolidation ratios using the new layered, zero-overhead virtualization combined with the database offload functions of Oracle Exadata Storage Servers and extremely efficient networking.
- SPARC SuperCluster customers can now:
- Deploy mission-critical, multi-tenant applications faster, without virtualization overhead, using Oracle Solaris Zone workload isolation capabilities.
- Virtualize Oracle Databases running on Oracle Exadata X3 Storage Servers within Oracle Solaris Zones to enable secure, isolated database services in a cloud.
- Deploy multiple Oracle Database and enterprise application domains on each SPARC SuperCluster compute node to maximize consolidation and cloud deployment flexibility.
- Reallocate CPU and memory resources across existing SPARC SuperCluster domains and zones to meet changing workload requirements.
Deploy Secure, Self-Service Cloud Services Faster with SPARC SuperCluster
- SPARC SuperCluster with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c enables up to 10x faster provisioning of multi-tenant application cloud services versus manual provisioning and using multiple tools, and up to 32x faster deployment of an Oracle Database instance versus manual installation.
- SPARC SuperCluster also provides a complete cloud lifecycle management solution through Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
Engineered for Extreme Efficiency, Cost Savings and Performance
- Compared to customer integrated systems, the SPARC SuperCluster delivers:
- 5x faster time-to-value, cutting time from installation to production from months with customer integrated systems to weeks with the SPARC SuperCluster system.
- 10x better performance for data warehousing through integrating the latest Oracle Exadata X3 Storage Servers built in to every SPARC SuperCluster.
- Virtualized applications that run as quickly and efficiently as bare metal deployments, using the SPARC T4 processor's built-in hypervisor.
- Customers save operational costs by consolidating Oracle Solaris 10 and earlier environments onto the high performance, extremely efficient SPARC SuperCluster without modifying day to day operations of those environments.
- SPARC SuperCluster customers also have access to Oracle Premier Support, including Oracle Platinum Services, which provides engineered systems customers running a supported configuration with 24/7 Oracle remote fault monitoring, industry-leading response and restore times, and quarterly patch updates deployed directly to their systems, enabling high availability in mission critical IT environments.
- "Only Oracle SPARC SuperCluster combines layered, zero-overhead virtualization for efficient consolidation with a self-service cloud platform for database, middleware and applications," said Ganesh Ramamurthy, vice president of engineering, Oracle. "SPARC SuperCluster customers are already reporting 10x or higher consolidation ratios and dramatic reductions in the time and effort required to deploy new applications. The SPARC SuperCluster's new ability to quickly and securely deploy new cloud services provides our customers a safe, cost-effective transition to a cloud based infrastructure."
- SPARC SuperCluster
- Podcast: The Business Value of Oracle SPARC SuperCluster
- Enterprise Database Cloud with SPARC SuperCluster
- White Paper: Deploying an Enterprise Database Cloud Using Oracle SPARC SuperCluster
- Flash Demo: SPARC SuperCluster
- Oracle Solaris on OTN
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
About Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4
Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 is the world's most efficient multi-purpose engineered system, delivering extreme efficiency, cost savings, and performance for consolidating mission critical applications and rapidly deploying cloud services. The SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 combines Oracle's SPARC T4-4 servers running Oracle Solaris 11 with the database optimization of Oracle Exadata, the accelerated processing of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software, the high throughput and availability of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, and unified systems management of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c. Part of Oracle's engineered systems family, the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 demonstrates Oracle's unique ability to innovate and optimize at every layer of technology to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com/.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher