|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 10:15 AM EST||
DETROIT, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chrysler Foundation today has announced a grant of $50,000 to the Michigan Science Center (MSC). The funds will be used to support the opening of the MSC and continuation of its public programming.
"We are excited to continue our long-standing relationship with the Michigan Science Center and, to help it provide children and their families with opportunities to explore science in a fun, dynamic learning environment," said Scott Kunselman, Senior Vice President - Purchasing and Supplier Quality, Chrysler Group LLC and a member of the Board of Directors of the MSC.
The Chrysler Foundation is a longtime supporter of the former Detroit Science Center, donating more than $4 million over the years for exhibitions and operations. Chrysler Group was the first sponsor to contribute $1.5 million toward the Science Center's modernization capital campaign in 1999 and was the first automaker to sponsor its 2001 gala. In 2008, The Chrysler Foundation provided funding for the renovation of the then newly named Chrysler IMAX® Dome Theatre. The IMAX® screen -- Michigan's largest screen -- measures 3.5 stories tall and 65.7 feet in diameter and seats 238 guests.
The Michigan Science Center is also home to the Chrysler Science Stage; a 9,800-square-foot science hall for traveling exhibits; hands-on exhibit galleries focusing on space, life and physical science.
About The Chrysler Foundation
During the past 59 years, The Chrysler Foundation has established a proud legacy of enriching the physical, educational and cultural needs of local communities in which Chrysler Group LLC conducts business. The Chrysler Foundation embodies the values of the Company and its employees and, since its inception, has awarded more than $500 million in charitable grants.
Chrysler employees also have a strong commitment to helping improve their communities by volunteering their time and talents in the places where we live and work.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?