|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Gartner Data Center Conference --
- New release optimized for the data center, offering enhanced HA capabilities, support for tier 1 workloads & production environments
- Award-winning storage hypervisor offers fully-integrated support for VMware View and now also Citrix XenDesktop
- Delivers advantages in performance, provisioning speed and space efficiency, while preserving familiar XenDesktop workflows
Virsto® Software, an innovative provider of VM-centric storage hypervisor software, today announced the general availability of Virsto for vSphere 2.0. The new version offers fully-integrated support for both Citrix XenDesktop and VMware View, enhanced high availability (HA) capabilities and significant workflow optimizations. With Virsto for vSphere 2.0, XenDesktop customers can achieve an over 50 percent reduction in storage cost per desktop, while improving VDI performance up to 10x.
Just as the hypervisor did for servers, Virsto's storage hypervisor achieves new levels of efficiency, affordability and agility for storage in virtualized environments. Traditionally, provisioning storage in virtualized environments required a compromise: production-level performance or efficient storage capacity consumption. With its hypervisor-agnostic, 100 percent software approach, Virsto combines performance and efficiency to fundamentally transform the economics of storage for virtual machines (VMs).
Virsto for vSphere 2.0 delivers efficient, affordable and agile storage for VMs
As the industry's first VM-centric storage hypervisor, Virsto delivers differentiated software-defined storage functionality to each virtual machine, regardless of the underlying storage. With Virsto, all storage presented to virtual machines is high performance, thin-provisioned and instantly available. Virsto removes the storage inefficiencies of virtualized workloads and enables IT to achieve the full performance potential of the block-based storage deployed to support virtualized environments. IT administrators no longer need to trade off performance against space efficiency based on workload, with Virsto software, all workloads can now be virtualized cost effectively, with predictable high performance.
New features and benefits in Virsto for vSphere 2.0 include:
- Data center ready: Virsto for vSphere 2.0 offers a series of enhancements providing improved support for tier 1 applications with faster, more comprehensive automated recovery options, monitoring of the Virsto infrastructure now integrated into vCenter and the ability to leverage pre-existing vCenter security roles and permissions, while taking advantage of Virsto-enhanced workflows.
- Full support for Citrix XenDesktop VDI: In the same way that Virsto supports VMware View on vSphere, Virsto now also integrates with XenDesktop to completely preserve the image, image update and image rollback workflows that XenDesktop administrators are already using in Citrix Desktop Studio, while delivering higher-performance, space-efficient VDI for 50 percent lower cost per desktop for storage.
- Improved integration with existing workflows: With Virsto for vSphere 2.0, customers can experience a seamless handoff between Virsto and Citrix Desktop Studio and menu-level integration with VMware vCenter to maintain existing provisioning workflows -- delivering all of the value of Virsto's space efficient, high performance VDI with no additional training required.
- Integrated wizard-based provisioning: Optimized for cloud scale deployments, Virsto's integrated wizard-based provisioning can instantly create up to 10,000 high performance, space-efficient, cluster-aware clones. Virsto delivers significant capital expense savings, as well as significant operational efficiencies.
Virsto's storage hypervisor provides the most efficient provisioning, management and utilization of storage for the software defined datacenter. A close partner of VMware, Citrix and Microsoft, Virsto has a proven track record of innovation in storage and virtualization. Virsto's software lets all organizations reap the full benefits of server and desktop virtualization, increasing performance while lowering storage costs.
Pricing and availability
Virsto for vSphere 2.0 is available immediately with subscription based pricing starting at $2,500 per TB. For more information, contact email@example.com.
"With the new release of Virsto for vSphere, we are continuing to drive innovation through software in the storage hypervisor, delivering sophisticated data services, per-VM management granularity and increased business agility. Virsto's leadership in software defined storage is extended yet again."
Mark Davis, CEO, Virsto
"Enterprise storage decisions must always look beyond the upfront costs, and consider the long-term costs of management, hardware additions, human resources and so on. For VDI initiatives, a failure to appreciate this, and act accordingly, leads to projects that stall or fall apart. One of the specific contributory elements is the under-utilization of storage -- aka wasted money -- that's inherent in much traditional storage; conversely, Virsto's approach increases utilization and improves storage management, without compromising performance or efficiency; and it can thus be central to a fully software defined data center."
Mark Peters, Senior Analyst, ESG
Meet Virsto at the Gartner Data Center Conference
Visit Virsto in booth #745 at the Gartner Data Center Conference taking place in Las Vegas, NV from December 3-6, 2012. To schedule a live product demo or a briefing at the show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tweet This: Virsto for vSphere 2.0 now GA - #Storage Hypervisor delivers purpose-built software defined storage to the data center http://bit.ly/R1YbSa
- Virsto Software
- Storage Hypervisor
- The Missing Link in Software Defined Storage
- Virsto Blog
- Virsto on Slideshare
- Virsto on YouTube
- Virsto on Twitter
About Virsto Software
Virsto® Software delivers the industry's first VM-centric storage hypervisor, changing the economics of storage in virtualized environments. Virsto improves storage utilization by up to 90 percent, increases performance by up to 10x, and accelerates VM storage provisioning by more than 99 percent. Virsto reduces the cost and complexity of storage for VDI, test and development, tier 1 application virtualization, cloud computing and other virtualization initiatives. Founded in 2007, Virsto is backed by leading Silicon Valley venture firms. For more information, visit www.virsto.com.
Virsto is a registered trademark of Virsto Software. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Kulesa Faul for Virsto
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher