|By Business Wire||
|December 4, 2012 08:30 AM EST||
SafeNet, a global leader in data protection and software monetization, today announced the general release of Sentinel License Development Kit (LDK), SafeNet’s next-generation software protection, licensing, and management platform.
For the first time, SafeNet customers will be able to pair the company’s award-winning software copy and intellectual property (IP) protection features with the web-based, license management capabilities of Sentinel EMS, SafeNet’s entitlement management system. Combined with company’s newly released advanced hardware-based software protection platform, Sentinel HL, Sentinel LDK delivers software publishers a comprehensive, out-of-the-box software monetization solution that will better enable them to confidently protect their software and simplify operational processes while enhancing the end-user experience and ultimately maximizing software revenues.
“Here at SafeNet, we remain dedicated to not only providing best-in-class solutions that improve how software publishers license and manage their applications today, but also to making sure our customers have the tools they need to confidently tackle the software monetization challenges they will face in the future,” said Prakash Panjwani, senior vice president and general manager of SafeNet’s software rights management division. “Sentinel LDK provides customers with a solution platform for addressing their virtualization, complex packaging, and cloud service monetization challenges.”
Key Features and Customer Benefits of Sentinel LDK Include:
- Web-based Entitlement Management: Full integration with Sentinel EMS provides software publishers with the tools they need to effectively deliver, track, and manage end-user entitlements and product usage. Using Sentinel EMS software, publishers can also provide their end users with a customer portal to activate and manage their own entitlements. Sentinel EMS helps ISVs simplify and automate many tasks associated with licensing while empowering end users and decreasing support costs.
- Next-Generation Sentinel Envelope Technology: Adoption of the latest technology and techniques for software protection enables software publishers to protect their applications from reverse engineering, code tampering, and intellectual property theft.
- Certificate-based Licensing: Utilization of certificate-based licensing provides tamper-proof, software-based licenses in a clear-text format, making them easy to understand and support for software publishers and end users alike.
- Automated License Re-Host: Sentinel LDK is the industry’s only licensing solution that enables end users to move their software-based licenses in three easy steps without having to contact the ISV for support. This dramatically improves the end-user experience and also relieves an unnecessary burden typically put on software organizations’ support teams.
- “User-Mode” Option for Software-based Licenses: Facilitates end-user software installation while in user mode or administrator mode, significantly reducing end-user frustrations and support burdens.
- Next-Generation Hardware-based Software Protection Platform: Sentinel LDK is the first offering in the SafeNet portfolio to ship standard with the company’s recently released family of smart-card-based Sentinel HL hardware tokens. Featuring superior performance and memory management, Sentinel HL tokens are the industry’s leading hardware-based software protection token.
- Hardware Key Batch Programming: Enables ISVs to burn multiple Sentinel HL keys simultaneously, saving time and money.
“With the release of Sentinel LDK, SafeNet is once again demonstrating its commitment to providing the software industry with the most secure, versatile, efficient, and intelligent software monetization products and services,” added Mr. Panjwani.
- Additional information about Sentinel LDK – Discover LDK!
- Free Sentinel LDK Demo Kit – Evaluate! SafeNet Software Monetization Solutions – Discover
- LicensingLive! Software Monetization Community – Join the Discussion!
- Follow SafeNet on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
About SafeNet Software Monetization Solutions
SafeNet has more than 25 years of experience in delivering innovative and reliable software licensing and entitlement management solutions to software publishers, technology vendors, and cloud service providers worldwide.
Easy to integrate and use, innovative, and feature focused, the company’s family of Sentinel Software Monetization Solutions are designed to meet the unique license enablement, enforcement, and management requirements of any organization, regardless of size, technical requirements, or organizational structure. Only with SafeNet are clients able to address each and every aspect of the software monetization lifecycle–from copy and intellectual property protection to product catalog management and ongoing end-user experience improvement. With a proven history of adapting to new requirements and introducing new technologies to address evolving market conditions, SafeNet’s more than 25,000 customers around the globe know that by choosing Sentinel, they choose the freedom to evolve how they do business today, tomorrow, and beyond.
Founded in 1983, SafeNet, Inc. is one of the largest information security companies in the world, and is trusted to protect the most sensitive data for market-leading organizations around the globe. SafeNet’s data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high-value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?