|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 07:25 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, December 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Sygic, the international leader in smartphone GPS navigation apps, announced that they have surpassed the 20 million installs mark across the iOS and Android platform making the on-board global service the most popular Off-Line GPS offering for smartphones.
A GPS pioneer, Sygic's onboard technology recognizes the critical importance for mobile GPS services to always be available as they are an essential tool for travelers both here and abroad. With coverage in 111 countries, Sygic users drive over 1.9 million miles per day. As the top global offline navigation app, Sygic's disruptive technology eliminates the need for secondary navigation devices in your dashboard, in-hand or handlebars by ensuring directions, map and location services are always available on your mobile phone.
"As we rely more and more on our smartphones, we are lulled into a false sense of security that they will always work when we need them, but data is not always available making Sygic's always-on approach a critical resource," says Michal Stencl, Sygic cofounder and CEO. "We are tethered to our data connections, but the average consumer experiences a critical data error 1-3 times per session. Our app eliminates that pain point."
Sygic's popularity in the mobile GPS market is attributed to its ability to provide users with the best of both worlds for travelers and drivers, by blending the expected, best and most innovative features of GPS hardware devices, in-dash offerings and mobile apps. Sygic's functionality includes
- Consistent local maps: Sygic brings more than 42 map products - powered by leading mapping provider TomTom, for each platform are stored locally eliminating the need for a constant data connection as well as include free periodic map updates for accuracy.
- Next-gen functionality: Multi stop routes, instructions that include spoken street names - turn right on First Street vs. turn right in 50 yards -- dynamic lane guidance, speed limit changes and speed camera warnings are some of the features that drivers have requested.
- Crowd sourced insights: Real-time traffic updates, speed camera crowd-sourcing, Facebook and Twitter integration as well as features, such as navigate to contacts, that leverages the smart phone platform.
Sygic apps are available for both iOS and Android platform for more than 111 countries and regions across the globe. Apps range from $19.99 and up depending on regions.
Sygic develops off-line voice guided GPS navigation software trusted by millions of customers worldwide. Sygic was the first company to provide turn-by-turn navigation for iOS platform. Today Sygic app is the top choice for people using iOS and Android smartphones around the globe, ranking in the Top 20 in more than 40 countries. Sygic professional platform powers solutions for private companies as well as civil services. Based in Bratislava, Slovakia, Sygic has been recognized as a Deloitte Fast 50 Company for fastest growing IT companies in Central Europe since 2005. In 2011, Sygic was added to Deloitte's Fast 500 EMEA listing as well. To learn more about Sygic offerings, visit http://www.sygic.com or download their Android app.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher