|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
SIOUX CITY, Iowa, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RetroUI Pro Version 2.2.0 Now Released:
RetroUI Pro is an inexpensive, easy-to-install, add-on product which is designed to improve the user experience on desktop and laptop PCs running Windows 8. RetroUI brings back features which Microsoft removed in Windows 8, such as the Start Button and Start Menu, and adds RetroUI exclusive features that allow you to run the new Windows 8 Start Screen and new Windows 8 Apps on the classic Windows desktop. These new Windows 8 features are typically referred to as the 'Metro UI,' so for users that want a change, they can skip Metro, and go RetroUI™.
How can you try RetroUI?
A fully functional 7-day free trial is available at: RetroUI.com
Why you need RetroUI Pro:
Windows 8 is a new operating system from Microsoft with many new features. One of the key new changes Microsoft made is removing the traditional start menu and replacing it with a new touch friendly start screen. This and other changes have left many users asking questions about Windows 8:
- Why can't the new Windows 8 Apps be run in a normal Window? Why do they have to be full screen?
- Why can't the new Windows 8 Apps have an [X] in the corner so you can easily close them?
- Why is there no Start Button or Start Menu on the desktop?
- Why is the task bar hidden when I am in the new Windows 8 Apps and Start screen?
- Why can't I turn off the hot corners? Why can't I choose to go to the desktop at login instead of the new Start screen?
"Windows 8 is a great operating system which has a lot of neat features; unfortunately, it can be difficult and confusing for some long-time Windows users," said Don Van Oort, CTO of Thinix. "RetroUI Pro is a one-stop solution that solves these issues and allows people to get back to work quickly with Windows 8."
RetroUI Pro answers the user experience questions in Windows 8:
RetroUI Pro is an enhancement for Windows 8 that makes Windows 8 easier and more fun by bridging the gap between the new Start screen features and what people are used to from prior versions of Windows. RetroUI brings a Start menu to Windows 8 that is fun and easy to use. RetroUI is the only solution which makes it possible for you to run Windows 8 Apps in resizable windows and also lets users access the Taskbar and Start menu from the new Windows 8 Start Screen.
RetroUI Pro brings a Start menu to Windows 8 and much more:
- Brings back the Start Button and Start Menu with more functionality and customizability.
- Makes the new Start screen and Windows 8 Apps run over the desktop, which gives you access to the taskbar and start menu like in Windows 7 and XP.
- Allows you to run the new Windows 8 Apps in resizable window which have a close button[X], on the classic desktop, like normal Applications.
- Allows you to bypass the Windows 8 Start screen at login and go straight to the desktop.
- Allows you to turn off the hot corners feature in Windows yet still fully access the features & functionality of Windows 8.
- Allows users to use hotkeys to minimize, maximize, resize, and close the new Windows 8 Apps.
"The RetroUI Pro Start menu isn't just a recreation of the old Windows 7 look, for instance. It's extended, in multiple ways (you can call up the Alt+Tab task switcher without touching the keyboard, for example). Better still, RetroUI Pro does a huge amount to try and merge the Start screen and desktop into one environment. There are entries for your Apps on the Start menu, for instance. If you switch to the Start screen then you'll still see the taskbar underneath. And you're actually able to run at least some Apps in a resizable window on your desktop." – Mike Williams, PCAdvisor.co.uk
Software you can Trust:
RetroUI is designed and built entirely in the United States by Thinix and doesn't violate the security of your device. RetroUI is fully supported and contains no spyware, adware, or viruses. RetroUI is compatible with the current RTM version of Windows 8, and not Windows RT or the consumer/developer preview versions.
RetroUI Pro is currently available in 22 languages: Afrikaans, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Availability and Pricing
RetroUI Pro is immediately available for purchase starting at $4.95 /PC or $9.95 for a 3-PC license for personal computers. Business and Education Licenses with options for long-term support are available. Visit RetroUI.com for more information.
Recent Software Updates
RetroUI Pro is now in version 2.2.0 (released 11/28/2012) and a number of features have been added. RetroUI was significantly improved for use on PCs using a language or keyboard layouts other than Standard English. Performance was also enhanced on multiple monitor installations. Please visit RetroUI.com/Downloads for patch notes and download information.
Thinix is a wholly-owned subsidiary of R & D Industries, Inc. a 28 year old technology research, development and engineering firm with market focuses on engineering, software development, OEM software and hardware solutions, user interface technology, embedded systems architecture, cryptography, network and PC security architecture, cloud computing, and virtualization solutions. Thinix technology is installed worldwide in consumer, military, hospitality, education, government, healthcare, and agricultural Applications.
For more information contact
Thinix®, RetroUI™, Thinix RetroUI™, and Thinix Enforce™ are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Thinix / R & D Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher