|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:05 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Technology™, the leader in secure enterprise mobility, today introduced Good Vault™, the first product built on the newly introduced Good Trust™ mobile identity and access management (IAM) platform. Good Vault extends strong two-factor authentication and S/MIME security to Good's award-winning Good for Enterprise™ email application. Leveraging Good Vault, highly regulated organizations in the government, healthcare and financial services industries can more effectively battle escalating mobile security threats while meeting compliance regulations. The new solution was unveiled at the Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit taking place December 3-5th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Mobility has been the ultimate disruptive technology. The number of bring your own device (BYOD) programs is increasing within enterprises and application authentication is not immune from this influence," said Michael W. Mahan, senior vice president of special markets for Good Technology, who leads the Good Trust product line. "BYOD impacts the controls and management options available to the enterprise—underscoring the need for more flexible and extendable secure access solutions. At Good, we believe that mobile two-factor authentication is on track to become the dominant force in the IAM market and we intend to lead the pack in its adoption with our Good Trust platform and the Good Vault solution."
According to recent research by Gartner, IAM processes and technologies make significant contributions to the business strategies and technologies that are among CIOs' higher priorities. Good Vault allows IT, Security, and Information Assurance leaders to:
- Ensure integrity and security of corporate email and data
- Prevent data loss using S/MIME encryption with credentials stored in a Secure Element
- Drive employee adoption with convenience and portability
- Meet stringent compliance regulations and security standards
- Better comply with HSPD-12, FIPS, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HITEC, HIPAA and other regulatory standards
- Leverage current IAM investments to increase ROI and extend mobility
- Lower overall costs for mobile IAM
Unlike other authentication solutions for mobile devices, Good Vault leverages a Secure Element on a microSD or smart card, enabling strong authentication without compromising the mobile form factor or the user experience. Access to Good for Enterprise is secured through card-based authentication, and mobile email messages are encrypted and signed to ensure privacy and integrity. Good Vault requires four components:
- A hardware-based Secure Element to store user credentials and keys; this comes in two options:
- Smart card
- MicroSD card
- A slim Sleeve/Reader that slides onto the phone and stores the smart card or microSD card
- The Good Vault smart card reader—provided by Precise Biometrics—which is a casing that adds smart card readers to the iPhone 4 or 4S. The reader is designed so that the iPhone maintains its sleek design adding only ½ inch (16 mm) in length, 0.16 inches (4mm) in width, and 0.22 inches (5.7 mm) in thickness, and weighs only 1.5oz (41g).
- The microSD reader, supplied by HID Global®, which is a slim casing for the iPhone 4 or 4S that contains a slot for inserting the microSD card, and;
- HID Global's ActivID Credential Management System to issue and manage the microSD cards for either primary or derived credentials.
- Server side software that is a Web-based Admin console for configuring Good Vault.
The above components work together to provide enterprises the benefits of two-factor authentication without adding cumbersome standalone readers - reducing solution complexity and overall costs, while streamlining deployment and adoption.
Good Technology and HID Global have been working together to mobilize smart cards and the underlying secure element technology for use within mobile devices for over a year now. Good Vault is the first product to integrate the authentication tools needed to enable secure access to organizational systems using highly popular mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
"Supporting a mobile and wireless workforce is becoming an increasingly critical, yet somewhat daunting task for many corporations and governments today due to the increasing number of mobile attacks and security breaches," said Jerome Becquart, vice president and general manager of Identity Assurance with HID Global, Good's strategic IAM development partner. "Now, as a result of our partnership with Good, companies with highly mobile workforces can provide digital keys over-the-air and to employees' phones and use them to access all of their enterprise resources from anywhere in the world—just like they had previously been doing with their photo ID cards, keyfobs or tags—without compromising security."
Good Vault is immediately available for download in the iTunes App Store. End users must first be licensed for Good for Enterprise and Good Vault to activate the application. To learn more the Good Vault platform visit http://www1.good.com/products/good-vault. Those attending the Gartner Identity and Access Management summit at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas can also visit booth #S29 for a demo and additional product information.
About Good Technology
Good Technology, the leader in secure enterprise mobility solutions, creates a world where employees can securely connect, communicate, and collaborate using their personal iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices. A world where IT can manage mobile apps, devices and enterprise data simply and safely to increase overall business productivity. A world where business information can travel wherever it needs to go, without putting sensitive enterprise or personal data at risk. Good Technology's customers include more than 4,000 organizations worldwide, including FORTUNE 100™ leaders in financial services, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, legal, and government. Learn more at www.good.com.
©2012 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD SHARE, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks are the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
SOURCE Good Technology
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher