|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:05 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Technology™, the leader in secure enterprise mobility, today introduced Good Trust™, a security platform that extends critical identity and access management (IAM) capabilities— such as strong authentication, single sign-on and identity federation— to mobile devices and applications. Developers, ISVs and IT managers that have built mobile enterprise apps using the Good Dynamics® app security platform will be able to leverage the robust set of API's available through the Good Trust platform to customize each mobile application experience based on user identity. In conjunction with today's announcement, Good also unveiled Good Vault™, the first product to be delivered through the Good Trust platform, which incorporates IAM capabilities and encryption to Good for Enterprise™ to enhance data protection. Both Good Trust and Good Vault were launched at the Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit taking place December 3-5th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"The 'bring your own device' (BYOD) phenomenon has made mobile devices the dominant screen for use by today's workforce, causing them to become the target of increased malicious attacks and fraud," said Nicko van Someren, Chief Technology Officer, Good Technology. "Escalating security threats, coupled with the explosion of mobile applications, are necessitating the need for a second-layer of mobile security to ensure the protection of enterprise information and assets."
The critical IAM capabilities that will be delivered through the Good Trust platform include:
- Strong two-factor authentication at the application level to assert identity
- Access control that leverages existing infrastructure and can be centrally managed by IT
- Single sign-on to easily switch between applications
- Identity federation to create economies of scale; and
- Context-based policy enforcement to strengthen security.
According to a recent report by Ian Glazer, research vice president at Gartner, currently, there is a loose connection between MDM and IAM products. Today, IAM tools can assign Active Directory (AD) groups that can then be used by MDM solutions to enforce policy and even distribute certificates. However, Gartner expects a deepening and more meaningful relationship between MDM and IAM to arise in the next few years.
The Good Trust platform will offer a versatile digital authentication framework that can support a wide array of mobile authentication technologies including microSD, smart cards, OTP, and biometrics. It will also offer the ability to create adaptive and context-based authentication that can automatically adjust to the user's environment and solutions.
Using Good Trust, enterprises will be able to architect mobile applications that:
- Increase mobile worker productivity with authentication and seamless single sign-on from mobile apps to remote services and data stores
- Meet compliance mandates by restricting access to sensitive resources only to authorized users
- Improve IT efficiency and manageability of mobile apps with self-service provisioning and identity governance
- Enable mobile devices to deliver secure access to buildings or conduct safe and private financial transactions.
"In today's rapidly expanding and diversified BYOD workplace, IT leaders must balance risks and benefits: the enterprise need for security, compliance and manageability of mobile applications, versus employee and customer demand for flexibility and accessibility," said Michael W. Mahan, senior vice president of special markets for Good Technology, who leads the Good Trust line of business. "Good Trust will enable new ways to leverage personal identity to enhance mobile security so that companies no longer have to make tradeoffs. They will be able to allow employees, customers and consumers to securely access enterprise systems, physical buildings or even their bank account using their mobile device without jeopardizing sensitive personal or business data."
The Good Trust platform will also provide the essential workflows, developer tools, APIs and integrations that allow IT to centrally manage user provisioning, access permissions, and application life cycle management with full audit control to ensure compliance and complete data governance. Leveraging Good Trust, ISVs and enterprise or B2C app developers will be able to rapidly include IAM capabilities in mobile apps built with Good Dynamics®, which helps speed app development and deployment and drive user adoption and satisfaction.
To learn more the Good Trust platform visit http://www1.good.com/mobility-management-solutions/mobile-identity-and-access-management. Those attending the Gartner Identity and Access Management summit at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas can also visit booth #S29 for a demo and additional product information.
About Good Technology
Good Technology, the leader in secure enterprise mobility solutions, creates a world where employees can securely connect, communicate, and collaborate using their personal iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices. A world where IT can manage mobile apps, devices and enterprise data simply and safely to increase overall business productivity. A world where business information can travel wherever it needs to go, without putting sensitive enterprise or personal data at risk. Good Technology's customers include more than 4,000 organizations worldwide, including FORTUNE 100™ leaders in financial services, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, legal, and government. Learn more at www.good.com.
©2012 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD SHARE, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks are the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
 "Decision Point for Identity and Access Management in Mobility Projects," Gartner Research, August 2012.
SOURCE Good Technology
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks