|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
LONG BEACH, Calif., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America is now shipping the SureLab™ D3000 professional dry lab, a complete solution for photographers seeking high quality production prints at fast speeds. Delivering low cost-per-print and simple consumables management, the SureLab D3000 offers a complete printing solution with a low total cost of ownership. In addition, the Dry-lab is available in a compact single-roll version or a dual-roll configuration for increased flexibility, and either unit can be coupled with an optional 10-bin job sorter for the ultimate in job handling and productivity.
"The vivid print quality, speed and job flexibility offered by the SureLab D3000 is truly spectacular," said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. "We've incorporated years of printing technology experience featured in Epson's professional line of imaging printers, and scaled it to bring the SureLab D3000 to the market. This new solution is capable of delivering high volumes of prints with the photo quality Epson is known for, in a compact unit designed to fit the needs of a range of photo studios."
The SureLab D3000 boasts speeds of up to 260 8"x10" prints per hour and up to 650 4"x6" prints per hour1 and can accommodate a variety of roll widths. The all-new printer utilizes Epson's exclusive MicroPiezo® print head technology in a design made for robust printing environments and is able to deliver variable droplet sizes as small as 1.5 picoliters to ensure smooth prints. Designed to be used exclusively with the all-new six-color Epson UltraChrome® D6 Ink cartridges2, the SureLab offers extreme image quality that surpasses traditional chemical-based photo labs, and is water-resistant delivering prints that will last for generations.3
Additional Features on the SureLab D3000:
The SureLab D3000 is engineered to specifically meet the product and quality needs of today's photo labs; key features and performance differentiators include:
- Media Configuration and Support: Offers a compact single-roll version or a dual-roll configuration; the single-roll configuration accommodates 4", 5", 6", 8", 10", or 12" paper roll widths and the dual-roll configuration adds an additional 4", 5", 6", and 8" paper roll widths. The Dry-lab supports Epson® Professional Glossy and Epson Professional Luster media and features panoramic printing up to 12" x 48." The system is also equipped with standard automatic de-curling technology.
- Optional Ten-Job Sorter Unit: This option automatically sorts ten print jobs up to 8"x12."
- Standard Automatic Back Printing: SureLab offers a back-side watermark that includes photographer copyright language and two fully customizable 40-character lines of black text per print without slowing printing.
- Software Compatibility: The Epson SureLab is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® XP or Windows® 7 and with virtually any third-party workflow software including Adobe® Photoshop® and Lightroom®, and Darkroom software.
Pricing, Support and Availability
The SureLab D3000 single-roll and dual-roll versions come with a controller PC and are now available through authorized Epson Professional Graphics D-Series resellers for a list price of $19,995 and $22,995 respectively. The optional 10-job sorter is available for $4,995. The SureLab D3000 offers a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes usually-next business day on-site service, and free phone support. There are also optional extended service programs available through five years of total operation. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 81,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and (http://twitter.com/EpsonProImaging) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Note: Epson, Epson UltraChrome, and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks, Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and SureLab is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson Preferred is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
1 Print speeds are based on print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon front-end software, file size, printer resolution, networking, number of pages per print job and frequency of jobs.
2 The SureLab D3000 is designed to use only Epson ink cartridges and not other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using Epson cartridges is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges.
3 Print permanence lasting for generations is based on accelerated testing of prints, on specialty media, displayed indoors in a glass frame or stored in an album. Actual print permanence will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the permanence of prints. For maximum life, prints should be displayed under glass, UV filter or lamination, or properly stored.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher