|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 02:01 AM EST||
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts and LONDON, December 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Life Sciences Seasonal Appeal to Raise Funds for WaterAid
Alacrita, the transatlantic firm which is changing the face of life science consulting, is delighted to launch its 2012 Life Sciences Seasonal Appeal. Alacrita is offering the unique opportunity for individuals from the life sciences industry to bid for a two-hour, one-to-one lunch with senior executives from the pharmaceutical industry.
The Appeal aims to raise money for WaterAid (http://www.wateraid.org), an international non-profit organization that transforms the lives of people in the world's poorest countries by improving access to safe water and sanitation. Bidding is open from Monday 3rd December and closes on Thursday 13th December and details are available on the Alacrita website.
Senior figures from the pharmaceutical industry who have kindly donated their time to the appeal include:
- Heather Bell, Head of Corporate Strategy and Shaun Grady, Head of Business Development at AstraZeneca
- Moncef Slaoui, Chairman, Research & Development at GlaxoSmithKline
- Douglas Giordano, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Business Development at Pfizer
- Susan Silbermann, President and General Manager, Vaccines, Specialty Care Business Unit and Polly Murphy Vice President, Specialty Care Business Unit Business Development at Pfizer
- Graham Brazier, Vice President, Business Development, Strategic Transactions Group at Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Pamela Demain, Executive Director, Corporate Licensing at Merck
- Susan Jane Herbert, Executive Vice President and Head of Global Business Development and Strategy and Annalisa Jenkins, Executive Vice President and Head of Global Drug Development & Medical and Belen Garijo, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Merck Serono
Bidding on the Alacrita auctions will be open until 13th December, 5pm EST/10pm GMT.
Rob Johnson, Partner at Alacrita, said: "We are thrilled to launch this year's seasonal appeal to raise funds for WaterAid. 783 million people, or one in ten of the world's population, live without access to safe water and last year WaterAid reached 1.6 million people with water and 1.9 million people with sanitation in 27 countries. This extremely worthwhile charity has made a significant positive impact on the lives of many people around the world and we are delighted to support its tremendous work. We are also hugely appreciative to the influential industry figures who are donating their time to the appeal. The auction provides the opportunity to spend a couple of hours over lunch building relationships with key pharma decision makers, gaining valuable insights into what science excites them."
David Winder, CEO of WaterAid, America, added: "We are delighted that Alacrita has chosen to donate the proceeds of their charity auction to WaterAid. Every day, 2,000 children die from water-related diseases that could easily be prevented. The funds raised will help us reach more of the world's poorest people with safe, clean water and sanitation. These vital basic services are essential for saving lives, improving health and reducing poverty in the world's poorest countries."
Notes to Editors
Alacrita is a rapidly growing management consulting firm providing expertise-based services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science sectors. The firm has an unrivalled network of experts who operate across the spectrum of life sciences. They combine extensive international industry experience (strategic, technical and commercial), broad functional capabilities and a track record of success across the industry.
Since inception, Alacrita has completed successful consulting projects for big pharma, biotech companies, life science investors and government bodies.
WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene, and sanitation in the world's poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners and influences decision-makers to maximize its impact. Founded in 1981, WaterAid operates throughout Africa, Asia, the Pacific region and Central America and has helped 17.5 million people gain access to safe water through low-cost, sustainable projects that are locally managed and maintained. WaterAid works with individuals and their families, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people, to help them set up, operate, manage and maintain their own projects.
For further information, please contact:
Rob Johnson or Anthony Walker at Alacrita
+1-781-249-3324 or +44-771-3402-771
Annie Bonner at WaterAid.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher