|By Marketwired .||
|December 3, 2012 08:14 PM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/03/12 -- Sullivan International Group, Inc. (Sullivan) announced today the award and the commencement of work at the Oronogo-Duenweg mine site. The award was made to SEQ Vets Joint Venture, a Sullivan managed Joint Venture with EQM. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region VII has awarded Sullivan International Group a $22 Million remedial project at the Oronogo-Duenweg (Oronogo) Mining Belt Site in Jasper County, Missouri. Sullivan has been contracted to begin the remediation work which will focus on the removal and disposal of mining wastes and surface soils contaminated with heavy metals, both of which constitute a significant source of potential exposure to people and the environment. The primary contaminants of concern are lead, cadmium and zinc.
The Oronogo Site was one of the most productive lead and zinc ore sites in the world. Mining and smelting activities began in the Tri-State area of Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri around 1830 with the most productive years being from the early 1900s to about 1950 and continued to operate through the 1970s. During this time, approximately 160 million short tons of the ore production were derived from Jasper County. Today, approximately 10 million tons of wastes remain on the Site over 7,000 acres. Sullivan CEO Steven Sullivan recently visited the site and said, "We are truly excited about supporting EPA Region 7 on this incredible and complex project, knowing that our efforts will also have a significant and positive future impact on Jasper County, Missouri."
Sullivan International Group, Inc. is an award-winning professional services firm offering Applied Science, Environmental, and Technology services to commercial and government clients internationally. SULLIVAN is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business and a recently graduated SBA certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business. Established in 1998, SULLIVAN has a proven track record of providing high quality and responsive solutions to its valued clients.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks