|By Marketwired .||
|December 3, 2012 08:08 PM EST||
SANTA MONICA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/03/12 -- Realtime (http://www.realtime.co), creator of the leading global technology framework and applications to power the Realtime web, today announced a competition for developers to submit their xRTML 3.0 apps before a distinguished panel of judges, including developer Peter Lubbers of Google and Sam Wierema of TheNextWeb. The latest release of xRTML 3.0, the eXtensible Realtime Multiplatform Language, is transforming the World Wide Web into the Realtime Web.
The new xRTML 3.0 flattens the learning curve for building next-generation apps with bidirectional Realtime communications. Its instantaneous updates employ a fraction of the bandwidth required of traditional request/response and near-real time technologies. Major enhancements include:
- A more robust, coherent and flexible core framework.
- Provision for the use of multiple versions.
- Beta release of a storage layer with built-in connection and security protocol, and provision of read/write permissions.
- A new templating system focused on data rather than form, making it an invaluable tool for data-dependent applications.
- An inheritance model to simplify processes and make it easier to extend tags or create new ones from scratch.
- Metadata to provide a virtual roadmap within your browser.
xRTML 3.0 available for immediate creation of contest submissions
xRTML is available for immediate signup and use on a free or pay-as-you-go basis at www.realtime.co. To submit your Realtime apps before a distinguished panel of judges, please visit contest.xrtml.org. Prizes are wireless headphones by Dr. Dre, Jambox Jawbones, and Sublime Text licenses.
Founded in 1997 as Internet Business Technologies (IBT), Realtime is the creator of the leading global technology framework and applications to power the Realtime Web. The backbone of Realtime's Web technology is built on the Open Realtime Connectivity (ORTC) and Extensible Realtime Multiplatform Language (xRTML). The Realtime Web also allows for unlimited Web scalability with maximum bandwidth efficiency.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks