|By Business Wire||
|December 3, 2012 04:05 PM EST|
Electro Scientific Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:ESIO), a leading supplier of innovative laser-based manufacturing solutions for the microtechnology industry, today announced that its board of directors declared a special cash dividend of $2.00 per share. The dividend is payable December 27, 2012 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on December 13, 2012.
“We are pleased to be in a position to pay a special dividend to shareholders,” said Nick Konidaris, president and CEO of ESI. “Today’s announcement reflects our commitment to return excess cash to shareholders following our recent successful patent settlement. The board believes a special dividend paid at this time represents an opportunistic and tax-efficient way to return value to shareholders.”
About ESI, Inc.
ESI is a leading supplier of innovative, laser-based manufacturing solutions for the microtechnology industry. Our systems enable precise structuring and testing of micron to submicron features in electronic devices, semiconductors, LEDs and other high-value components. We partner with our customers to make breakthrough technologies possible in the microelectronics, semiconductor and other emerging industries. Founded in 1944, ESI is headquartered in Portland, Ore., with global operations from the Pacific Northwest to the Pacific Rim. More information is available at www.esi.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks