|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 01:53 PM EST||
SALEM, Utah, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Audiobook listeners are rediscovering classic novels through free audio books online.
The number of audiobook listeners has increased exponentially in the last few years. Prior to audiobooks, many people claimed they simply did not have the time to read. Now people can listen to books as they drive or workout.
Ambling Books has recently released an audiobook infographic that lists great audio books that you never knew were free. Among the 20 books listed are The Science of Getting Rich, War of the Worlds, Les Miserables, Sherlock Holmes and Huckleberry Finn. The graphic also includes interesting statistics about who listens to audiobooks and which books people choose.
Some would be surprised that 23% of the listeners fall in the 18 to 24 age range. Most would accredit this to the easy online access and MP3 downloads.
In the past five years there has been incredible innovation in audiobook technology. From the Kindle to the iPad, it has become more popular for people to keep their entire personal library on electronic devices. Print book sales are decreasing and eBooks and audiobooks have become more popular.
Many college students find it more convenient to download textbooks virtually than carry heavy books around campus. Some colleges have even begun transitioning away from physical books and encourage their students to purchase tablets or Kindles. Ambling Books has a huge audio library of free books online.
Although eBooks are much different than audiobooks, people who use one are often prone to try the other because they are used to the idea of not physical pages to turn.
About Ambling Books:
Ambling Books is a great place to download free books online. They offer a wide selection of books organized by genre, offering both fiction and non-fiction titles. In addition to free downloads they have a large range of inexpensive downloads. The website was created as they saw the need for a user-easy audiobook site. To see all of the audiobooks they have on their site check out http://amblingbooks.com/.
SOURCE Ambling Books
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher