|By Marketwired .||
|December 3, 2012 10:15 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 12/03/12 -- We're all familiar with the idea that you should dress not according to what size you think you are but what size fits the best. It's important to remember that dress sizes are fluid and subject to change so don't worry if the size 24 clothing that you've been wearing is starting to feel a bit tight or baggy.
So, how can you spot the best fitting clothes for you?
One of the best ways to work out if you're wearing the right fit is to decide how comfortable you are in any particular item of clothing. This isn't necessarily concerned with wearing daring prints or textures, but focuses on the actual physical fit of your piece of clothing. The important thing to consider here is context - no one expects your party dress to be as comfy as your pyjamas, but you need to feel as... as soon as you start to feel as though you're squeezing into anything, or having to stretch material to make it fit around you better, it's time to opt for the size up. Similarly, if there are multiple material creases it may mean that your dress is too big, so swap down a size.
How freely can you move in the item of choice? Likewise with the comfort section, you don't expect these garms to be as roomy as your kick back and relax in tracksuit bottoms, but you should be able to move freely and with ease in them. As a tip, try doing a few star jumps and see how well the material sits after, it'll give you a good indication of how agile you'll be.
Length is often neglected in favour of people worrying about the fit, but it's often the first thing noticed if not done quite right. Always make sure that when buying jeans and trousers you not only consider the waist measurements but length too, and the same goes for sleeves. When your arms are stretched out in front of you, your sleeves should not rise up more than an inch. If they do, perhaps you should consider the next size up.
+44 (0) 161 661 4329
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher