|By Business Wire||
|December 3, 2012 03:42 AM EST||
The Taiwan International Machine Tool Show 2012 (TMTS 2012) opened on November 7th. President Ma Ying-jeou said the precision machinery industry has a critical impact on the future development of Taiwan. He expected that the industry would generate an overall production value of NT$1 trillion next year, and become a new trillion-dollar industry to help the nation steer into an economy of leading technology.
TMTS 2012 was organized by Taiwan Machine Tool and Accessory Builders' Association (TMBA) began on November 7th, and continued through the 11th at the Greater Taichung International Expo Center. 475 companies, both domestic and international, attended the TMTS 2012. More than 2,400 booths exhibited all types of high precision machine tools, components, accessories, cutting tools and automation equipment. The overall scale of the show broke the previous record.
TMTS 2012 was successfully concluded on November 11. The five-day event attracted more than 65,000 visitors. The on-site turnover is preliminarily assessed at NT$1.5 billion. Together with the follow-up orders, this show is estimated to contribute a total of NT$4 billion order amount - a fruitful result for all exhibitors.
Mr. Eric Y. T. Chuo, Chairman of the TMBA, Mr. Eric Y. T. Chuo, Chairman of TMBA, stated that the TMTS 2012 was decided to begin after the international machine tool show in Japan; moreover it was held with an innovative style –"exhibition integrated with manufacturing supply chain," which effectively stimulated foreign buyers to come to Taiwan to visit the show and to purchase products. The exhibition successfully attracted 1984 foreign buyers from 50 countries. The next TMTS is scheduled to be held from November 5 to November 9, 2014. Mr. Chuo also announced that "TMTS 2014" will be even more expanded. The booths will be predicted to reach 3,500 to 4,000, an increase of 40% contrasted to TMTS 2012.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher