|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 03:32 AM EST||
SOFIA, Bulgaria, December 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Aon Hewitt, the human resource solutions business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON) has announced the results of its annual Best Employers study for the Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) region. The top regional Best Employers by category were announced at a ceremony in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The research shows a strong correlation between high employee engagement and better business results. On average, CEE Best Employers companies:
- out-perform on financial targets (108% of EBITDA goal realisation versus 93% for other organisations),
- have lower staff turnover rates (6% turnover versus 9% for the rest of the organisations),
- have lower absenteeism (3.5 day/employee versus 5.5 day/employee in the rest).
The study, which Aon Hewitt has run in Central and Eastern Europe since 2001, recognises companies that stand out from their peers through the high quality and effectiveness of their HR practices which have a positive impact on business results. The study looks at both employer and employee perspectives with business indicators to provide a fully objective picture.
Best Employers study 2012 - the numbers:
- Eight countries - Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and Turkey.
- More than 400 companies
- More than 250,000 participating employees, including 41,000 managers
- More than 2,600 senior leaders
- 29 Best Employers (three rankings according to size of company)
Rising employee engagement
This year's study showed that the level of employee engagement in the CEE region has increased by three percentage points since 2011, reaching the average level of 58%. The highest level of employee engagement in the region is in Bulgaria (67%), and the lowest in Poland (48%). At Best Employer companies, engagement reaches 80%, 22 points higher than the regional average.
Despite the differences in employee engagement levels among countries, there are common and distinctive qualities that set Best Employers apart. Magdalena Warzybok, CEE Engagement Practice Director at Aon Hewitt, said:
"Best Employers stand out in the way they reward and recognise their employees. That will be by offering adequate pay and attractive benefits packages as well as career opportunities. They have an excellent reputation in the job market and show real consistency between this external image and the real internal working experience of their employees. Finally, the quality of their senior leadership teams and their focus on people is a true differentiator."
Edward Stanoch, Aon Hewitt European Talent Practice Market Leader, said:
"We are very grateful to the participants of the Best Employers study. In continued economic uncertainty, we are pleased to see that more and more companies are acting to keep their employees engaged. It has become a business cliché that an organisation's greatest asset is its employees, but each year this study demonstrates the truth of that phrase. Good HR processes, well designed reward packages and better management do lead to more engaged employees. They, in turn, contribute more effectively and the whole business benefits."
List of Regional Best Employers
Large sized companies (>1000 local employees)
1. Operator Gazociągów Przesyłowych GAZ-SYSTEM Poland
2. McDonald's Bulgaria
3. Mars Russia
4. Lidl Bulgaria
5. DHL Express Russia
6. Provident Hungary
7. Lietuvos draudimas Lithuania
8. Tele2 Russia
9. Magyar Telekom Hungary
Medium sized companies (251 - 1000 local employees)
1. Tenex Russia
2. Microsoft Russia
3. Dom Kredytowy NOTUS Poland
4. Microsoft Czech Republic
5. Hilti Russia
6. Grupa Pracuj Poland
7. Takeda Russia
8. Telefónica Slovakia
9. FGSZ Földgázszállító Hungary
10. Red Hat Czech Czech Republic
Small sized companies (< 250 local employees)
1. ANKOL Poland
2. JT International Czech Republic
3. Philip Morris Slovakia
4. Tavex Bulgaria
5. Kecskeméti TERMOSTAR Hőszolgáltató Hungary
6. Mars Sales Hungary
7. Roche Slovakia
8. InterContinental Budapest Hungary
9. Et netera Czech Republic
10. Adform Group Lithuania
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions. The company partners with organisations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit http://www.aonhewitt.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher